Sarah
FOR TODAY...

Outside my window...colder, dreary day with a slight bit of drizzle. Temperatures are predicted to drop with freezing rain and snow on the way. Good day to stay indoors.

I am thinking...how daylight savings time initially makes me feel "off"

I am thankful for...our furnace, which is back in working order after chugging along through a good part of the winter

From the learning rooms...lots of tests to still correct from Friday. Same items classes today minus grammar for JT as he finished that Friday - now we move to composition for remainder of the year

From the kitchen...chicken enchiladas for supper tonight

I am wearing...slippers, socks, exercise pants, white long T, gray zip up sweatshirt

I am creating...not much - in a creative slump right now as organization is at the top of the priority list again right now

I am going...to Kohl's this week to use my 30% off coupon before Wednesday

I am reading...The Scribe, by Francine Rivers. I still have the last in the Mark of the Lion series to read, but I am saving it for when I have some long stretches of time (when will that be????)

I am hoping...we can possibly pull off a quick winter getaway/hotel night yet for a change of pace around here

I am hearing...propane trucks, garbage trucks, all doing their Monday morning routine

Around the house...kids set up a mini golf course in the living room so that needs to be put away! Typical Monday chores - laundry, general clean up. I do need to vacuum as well.

One of my favorite things...my stainless steel bowls that are in the front of my rollout shelves - I never realized how many times I used them and now that they are more easily accessible, I feel like it is one of life's little pleasures! Simple organization goes a long way!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Kohl's, church, meetings for Brad

Here is picture thought I am sharing...This girl LOVES her daddy!

Please join host Peggy and other daybookers through the button on the right.

Have a great day!
Labels: edit post
6 Responses
  1. Tiffany Says:

    I can't even imagine a cold, dreary, possibly snowy day. It sounds so cozy but I'm sure living in it is different. I want winter to stay around a little longer but it's warming up quickly around here.
    I haven't read "The Scribe." Is that one of her books about men from the Bible? I couldn't get into the one about Eli and never tried any of the others.
    I love your picture thought, so cute!


  2. Amy Says:

    I just like the diversity of doing a meme sometimes and then sometimes not... sometimes do the Simple Woman, and then other times do the other.. yada yada yada... blah blah blah..lol..

    Love your Daybook, daaaaarling!

    Adorable pic of your honey and your sweet girl! I hear ya on life's simple delights.. things like mixing bowls that just make life that much sweeter:)

    We are going out of town.. I will be posting pics and stuff tho, I hope while we are away.. going to Colorado... Denver and then Colorado Springs area. Yay!

    Hope your day is wonderful! Amy


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Just stopping by to wish you a week filled with blessings! Great daybook :)

    ~Mrs.Cuddles


  4. Anonymous Says:

    I think organization is a great way to express creativity, so you ARE creating!

    Enjoyed your entry this week!


  5. Jen Says:

    Good Morning! I would love a last minute winter get away..how nice. Our winter get away got canceled due to our winter storm that passed through..it was post poned for the spring...it will be nice then...you better hurry up to Kohls...I like their coupons too.


  6. Joyce Says:

    I love the photo of your daughter with her daddy. Looks like fun times. :)