Sarah
I've decided to try a new thing today and see if it is a better fit for me. While I do like Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook, I thought I would try Sandra's for awhile. I like that it lists some things that I can reference back to, plus adds the prayer list and scripture verse element. So, without further ado...

On my bedside table:
Taste of Home magazine
The Love Dare

On my TV (to be watched...):
Dancing with the Stars - recorded (we've only watched one episode!)
Survivor

On the menu for tonight:
Chicken Saltimbocca

On my To Do List:
Set up work computer tomorrow
Continued organization of office/schoolroom
Sort through bathroom closet on main floor
Research summer programs for kiddos

New Recipe I tried last week:
Oatmeal brulee with ginger cream

In the craft basket:
Mending some overly loved stuffed animals
Remaking long pajama pants into pj shorts for momma

Looking forward to:
Getting through what is hopefully the last snowstorm of the season

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Have you ever noticed that there are little tabs at both ends of your saran wrap? Push them in to hold the roll in place so the roll doesn't come out when you pull out the wrap

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I really enjoyed the scripture reflection by Barbara this week


Favorite photo from last week (well, actually a couple of weeks ago):


Lesson learned the past few days:
Jesus was betrayed by Judas by a kiss - one of the most intimate forms of communication; We are often betrayed by the ones closest to us, but Jesus knows how this feels. He also showed grace to his enemies by immediately repairing the ear of the servant to the high priest immediately after it was cut off. I, too, need to show grace to those who hurt or wound me.

On my Prayer List:
Flood victims of North Dakota/Minnesota
Baby Stellan
Our church leaders

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
I John 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.

For more Happy Homemaker posts, please linke back to Sandra!
Have a great day in the Lord!
9 Responses
  1. Amy Says:

    O love your pic!! LOL!!! A green horse, what a hoot!

    Poor thing!


  2. Sandra Says:

    My word, a green horse? LOL Love it!

    Welcome to Happy Homemaker Mondays, so glad you're joining us :)

    Love your lesson learned too, that is a good one.


  3. Karen Says:

    What a cool blog layout! I love this! Okay, what's the story with the green horse? I'm dying to know;)


  4. Sarah Says:

    Isn't that a fun picture? We were in Omaha the weekend before St. Patrick's Day, and happened upon this lovely creature. I just had to snap a picture because it was so unique!


  5. Unknown Says:

    Sarah, Thanks for stopping by my post.Both of my kids love to color and the oldest loves to draw. I hope you had a great time coloring!


  6. Wendi Says:

    I had to do a double take on the picture! Funny!

    Hope you enjoy our Taste of Home magazine. One of my favorites.

    Have a great day!


  7. Bonnie Says:

    Why is that horse green ???


  8. annies home Says:

    i am planning to check the wrap idea out I never paid attention
    thanks for stopping by my blog


  9. Joyce Says:

    Happy Homemaker is a lovely meme also. <3