Sarah
Why do the weekends go so fast, especially when you have so much to get done? I am sitting in my office/school room and staring at what seems like a hundred manila folders strewn about on the floor. Oh, it looks like they are organized in nice little stacks, but unfortunately being stacked does not mean they have been sorted through. The vast majority of the files are work related, and consist of reports, billing, follow up insurance needs, pending responses, unpaid claims, unpaid accounts, and so forth. Throw in some school work to be filed, a bunch of recipes I have printed from a number of your sites (thank you!), future bible study papers, art work by kiddos, and I have a menagerie of items to complete. Now, what you must understand is that earlier today, this was ALL on my desk! It was in piles that were defying the laws of gravity. The reason they were on my desk is because LAST weekend I put them on the floor to work on, and my wonderful dh decided on Thursday that he wanted to vacuum the floor in this room. Now, seriously, who can fault a man who wants to vacuum???? So, I picked them all up and put them on my desk, mirroring the Leaning Tower of Pisa x 2, and now today, meant to scale and conquer the great mountain of paperwork.
It has really gotten away from me. That tends to happen by this time of the school year. So now, I have the itch to get it all put away - before the computer comes, before I lose any more floor space, before the carpet needs to be vacuumed again.

Now. I know what you're thinking...this really doesn't look all that bad, right? Notice how I did not scan the room, how I strategically placed my chair to cover the remaining piles on my desk, how I did not use a wide lens to capture all that is wrong with the picture. I could have been one of those cartoons, in which you count the ten things that are wrong...but the number would have been too high.

So, anyway, you will be UNhappy to know that all of these file folders have been now neatly stacked and are completely organized (into one pile) back on my desk, where they came from in the first place. There is too much risk of keeping them in the semblance of order they do have with a full school day on deck tomorrow. I decree, however, with a bit of luck, and a Tuesday afternoon and evening solely devoted to work this week, these papers will diminish. Somehow, someway, I will prevail!!!

Until then, off to view the weather and see if that snowstorm is still heading our way.

God bless!
4 Responses
  1. Amy Says:

    Woo hooo for organizing stuff!! yes yes... it's overwhelming tho at time's isn't it?? ugh!!

    Press on, friend.. press on!!

    Hugs.. A


  2. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,

    When I get overwhelmed with projects, I think of how the Lord says, "Having food and clothing, let us be therewith content." If I'm taking care of those things, and life is super busy, sometimes that is enough.


  3. Tiffany Says:

    You are funny. I think stacking them right back on your desk is a great idea. Especially with a full day of school!


  4. Melanie Says:

    I love your new blog design! Very unique. Hope you didn't get hit too badly with the snow storm. ((Hugs))