Sarah
Do you ever feel like things just hit you one after another? Like once you start the snowball, it's hard to stop the momentum from carrying you away? Once the sadness hits, or the frustration, you can immediately fall into a "poor me" cycle, and fail to see the joy and beauty all aound?

Seems like some days are like that. Satan wants to hit us when we're down. We have the joy of Jesus in our hearts, but often times we feel the weight of the world on our shoulders. Praise the Lord that Jesus has overcome the world by his death and resurrection. Now, it is our role to CHOOSE joy. It is a choice to make. We can wallow in the depths of our despair, or we can cry out to Jesus to uplift and uphold us.

We are not struggling with life threatening issues...we are simply being hit with the day to day mundane items of life which afflict us all. But, I am choosing joy today. I am choosing to find the good in the bad. I am rejoicing in health, happiness, having enough, wanting for little, the love of family, forgiveness, freedoms unlimited, choices, opportunities, peace, and plenty. I am standing on the promises of God, my Savior. He is consistent, never changing, all-knowing, and ever faithful. He is our rock, our strength, our everything. I love the verse in II Corinthians 2:20-22, where Paul states, "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ...He annointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guranteeing what is to come." In this crazy economy, and with all the harm the world is seeking to put on our children, we can be assured of this...The deposit of the Holy Spirit will not go unredeemed. This is something we can bank on.

Now that is security in an unsecure world.

Praise the Lord for that!

As I close, please join me in fervently praying for little Stellan and his family as they travel through this journey, moment by moment. They are a witness to many despite the burdens they are bearing at the present time. May God continue to bless and keep them in his care, and all of you as well.
5 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks...needed to hear this today.


  2. Tiffany Says:

    Amen! Preach it my friend!


  3. Joyce Says:

    Thanks for the encouraging post, Sarah! I'm praying for that dear baby; I read his mom's post. Also, I'm sorry I've been feeling grumpy this afternoon. <3


  4. Angie Says:

    Sarah, I believe we all fall in that bucket where we can't see outside of our life and see how good it really is. But what is nice is you can still see the sky and God will lift you out of it. Little things add up and make you discouraged. It is friends like us and your family who can bring you smiling again! Thank you for sharing that wonderful verse, I just love it. As for my energy level, I just laughed when you wrote that! I struggle every day to have energy, I am trying to be more productive with my days and change. With the Lords help of course! May your blessings be felt, heard, and discovered every day. Angie


  5. Jen Says:

    What a great post. I feel like this alot and then I stop and realize it is Satan...and he wont steal my joy. I pray daily...and this keeps me going.