Sarah

My friend, Joyce, at Mom's Musings has been so kind as to bestow a sisterhood award to my humble little blogsite. When I started this blog, I wanted it to be a way to keep track of things in life, jot down some memories, and provide a creative outlet for me as well. I have found it to be so much more than that, because I have met some amazing, special women over the internet and learned so much in a short amount of time. I feel drawn to those who appear to have the same beliefs that I do, and strive to better themselves through the grace and love of Jesus Christ. Goodness knows, we can't do it on our own!

So, I, too, want to pass on the award to some of you who I feel a certain kinship with - a sisterhood, so to speak (how appropriate!) I read a fair amount of blogs, but these are some that have become near and dear to me over the past months. I am sure if I would do this list again in a few months, I will have many more friends to choose from as I am finding more and more women who love the Lord! Anyway, to all of you, thanks for sharing a bit of your life with me, and drawing me in to your world!

The rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate up to 10 blogs which show great attitude and/or gratitude!
3. Be sure to link your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Remember to link the person from whom you received your award.

So here are my self-proclaimed cyber sisters:

1. Bonnie at Simple Beauty - she has a great flair for keeping life uncomplicated and real. I enjoy her reflections and insight, and find it amazing that she is on the other side of the world from me!
2. Tiffany at Hillside Hollow is a mom like me, homeschooling, and trying to better her world. She loves her kids, and inspires me to keep on track.
3. Angie at Simple Thyme Primitives is so creative and it is fun to see all that she does and the process she follows. She has a great, upbeat attitude and I always look forward to her positive attitude.
4. Grasp the Love is Missy's blog - I know Missy through church, and her blog is very straight forward, sharing her highs and lows as a Christian woman. She has a great story to share and works hard to live her life for Jesus.
5. I haven't been following Karen for very long, but I do gravitate back to her blog now that I have found it. We share a love of books, and I have really enjoyed getting to know her better through her entries. I can see her being my friend and sharing ideas "over the backyard fence".
6. My next friend, Amy, is perpetual joy on two legs. This girl is on fire for the Lord and you will see that as you read her posts. But, what I like about Amy is that she is real, and shares her joys and her struggles. She always puts a smile on my face and challenges me to see life as a cup half full, rather than half empty.
7. A recent find is Barbara at Beyond Still Waters. When Barbara posts, I get myself a cup of coffee, and make sure I have some quiet time planned, because I am guaranteed to get a devotional thought upon which to ponder and reflect. I don't want to rush through her entries, because they are profound and filled with God's Word. They are a light in a dark world. Thank you, Barbara.
8. Ahhh, Chris...I love reading her blog for so many reasons. We met up when we were both working on The Love Dare at the same time (and I think we still are!) She always posts fun ideas, and shares her Christian walk at the same time. Plus, you can really relate to her blog title...Wash, Fold, Put Away...And Repeat...
9. My ninth nominee is Jen at A Good Cup of Coffee. Doesn't that say it all? Coffee at the Cabin meets A Good Cup of Coffee - a match made in heaven, right? Personally, I'm amazed at how much this woman can fit into her week! But, she loves the Lord and I enjoy having "coffee" with her whenever possible.
10. Last, but not least, is Sandra, who I read faithfully as well. She has so many great ideas, links to fabulous finds, and is a real mom who faces unique challenges every day, being the wife of a military husband. If you haven't checked out her blog, do yourself a favor and see what I mean.

Thank you, all my blogger friends, for making my day just a little better. I am excited to share the sisterhood of Christ with all of you!
11 Responses
  1. Joyce Says:

    Good Morning, Sarah. :)
    I'm please you've accepted the award. Now, I'm going to visit some of the special ladies you mention in your post!


  2. Tiffany Says:

    Thank you for my award! It's so fun to get an award, just made my day! Thank you for your kind words. I have loved getting to know you through your blog. I can relate to you in so many ways. Have a fabulous day! I will be spending any spare moment trying to make this computer my own. Trying to load up pics as we speak. :0)


  3. Karen Says:

    Sarah, thank you for sharing this with me! I, too, love our blogging sisterhood and look forward to spreading the love:) I will post it soon with some of my favorite blogs. I've sooo enjoyed getting to know you, too.


  4. Amy Says:

    Well my goodness... GIRL!!!!! You have my just grinning from ear to ear and totally blushing!

    THANKYOU!

    Wow wow wow!!

    You are so sweet... and your words just blow me away! Thankyou, sweet Sarah! I love being your friend.. I am so glad that Jesus saw fit to cross our paths.. really really...

    Love you, friend!

    I will so accept this award! ;)


  5. Angie Says:

    Thank you sweet Sarah for the award. I am grateful that you consider me one of your dear friends. Wow that just means so much. You hold a dear place in my heart as well. May we continue to laugh, enjoy, and grow more with the Lord every day!
    hugs, angie


  6. Bonnie Says:

    Thank you so much Sarah ! What an honor to be included in your list ! I can't wait to make my list !! May be a couple days though. I am headed over to the new house as soon as I get these kiddos fed some breakfast, we've got family coming at lunch time, a rental inspection this afternoon for people looking to move into this place we currently live in, and a moving truck coming tomorrow ! Then Friday, the cleaning of continues as we make this house ready to be inspected for moving out !! I'll sure be glad when Monday comes and we give the keys to this place back !!!


  7. Barbara Says:

    Sarah, I feel so blessed right now, reading your far too kind words, but they are encouraging and I appreciate it so much. Your blog is a true inspiration and its wonderful having you for a "sister". Thank you so much for this award...it has made my day and I appreciate your thinking of me.


  8. Christine Says:

    I just signed on and saw this Sweet award...thank you so much! I feel so honored. I will for sure and visit all the rest as well. I hope you and your family had a Blessed Easter. I have been swamped with tax season and all the goings on around here. Once again, thank you so much...made my evening to see such a sweet gift from you. =O)


  9. Sandra Says:

    Sarah, I am so thankful that you included me in your list of awesome ladies. Some of them are also some of my favorites :)

    Thank you for the award, I love it :)

    Hope you're having a wonderful day.

    Hugs,
    Sandra


  10. Christine Says:

    I haven't forgotten this award I will post it soon! Been really busy around here. Will catch up soon!!!!!


  11. Jen Says:

    Thanks so much for my award...so sweet. I'm slowly coming back...trying to catch up.