Sarah


On my bedside table:
The Love Dare (yes, still)
Waiting for Summer's Return by Kim Vogel Sawyer

On my TV:
Tonight, I'm sure my dh will watch the NCAA final
For the week, we will have Dancing With the Stars and Survivor on the DVR

On the menu for tonight:
Chicken tortellini soup, homemade bread

On my To Do List:
Menu planning for the week
Grocery list
Fold two loads of laundry and start a third
Upstairs landing area cleaned

New Recipe I tried last week:
Egg and Cheese Strudel

In the craft basket:
Digging out past Easter crafts and projects to add to the week

Looking forward to:
Starting a new bible study tomorrow: Lies Women Believe
Holy Week - love this week!
Getting my new computer - I am hoping it arrives today!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Mix lemon juice with a bit of water in a bowl; microwave for a few minutes to loosen any items in your microwave. Wipe microwave clean with a cloth.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
My favorite blog post this past week was one in which I reflected upon the impact my dad had in my life. I don't usually like to refer to my posts as my favorite, but this one is near and dear to my heart.

Favorite photo from last week:I am fascinated by God's intricate design of this jellyfish...

Lesson learned the past few days:
1. When you are sick, run down, or just a little "off", perspective is harder to gain. Seek out the Lord and call upon him to grant you patience and insight as it is very easy to blow things out of proportion when you are feeling more vulnerable.
2. Take the time to rest and reflect in the Lord. Quiet times with God are not just going to happen- Satan will make sure of that. You need to be purposeful in finding time to spend with Him.

On my Prayer List:
My family
Our country and leaders
My pastor, to have stamina this week as he prepares many Gospel messages

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"I am the light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

Blessings to all of you this Easter week!
6 Responses
  1. Leigh Says:

    Sarah, your posts always bring a smile to my face!

    Leigh


  2. Tiffany Says:

    The soup sounds really good! I love tortellini anything. Thanks for the lemon in the microwave tip. I'll have to try it. My micro is always a mess. It usually gets a good cleaning before my mom comes to visit. She hasn't come in a while. Thanks for the reminder! I haven't heard of the second book on your list--let me know if it's a good one.


  3. Kari Says:

    I enjoyed reading your list. Your new bible study sounds interesting.
    And oh how I miss DVR's - I think they are greatest. We don't have them here in Thailand. Oh and I love Survivor too.

    BTW I love the look of your blog - pretty neat.
    Thanks for visiting my Blog.


  4. Christine Says:

    My oh My you have sure have done some decorating over here! I like it a lot. I am still loving the love Dare Book...to me it is one of those books that will be like my laundry pile...keeps on going forever! I figure when I get through it I will start it all over again. I am reading a really good series by Lynn Austin called Gods and Kings, I just started the next one called Song of Redemption....awesome books!

    I am going to try the lemon water in the micro wave tomorrow. Hope you have a wonderful Easter! =O)


  5. Bonnie Says:

    I've started reading The Love Dare too. I must admit, I'm not doing it every day like you are supposed to. Too much to digest each day, if you ask me !! I take a bit longer than a day for each one !! I am enjoying it though. Did you see the movie ?


  6. Amy Says:

    Hi Sarah girl!! So loved reading your Monday musings...;) What a fun pic of the jelly squishy fish ;) Remember that movie? Name that movie??
    "And it will be my squishy and I will call it squishy.. and it will be my squishy."

    Hope your Tuesday was as great as your Monday!

    Hugs.. A