Sarah

Visit Sandra for other Homemaker blogs
On my bedside table:
The Love Dare
Lies Women Believe

On my TV:
We're behind on about the only two shows we watch...
Dancing with the Stars
Survivor
We'll try to watch them this week as they are on the DVR

On the menu for tonight:
(Still in the planning stages...)
Monday: Shrimp and pasta
Tuesday:
Wednesday: Chicken tortilla soup
Thursday: Tator tot hotdish
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday:

On my To Do List:
Football sign up
VBS promotion timeline
May lesson plans
Garden prep (soil prep, purchase seeds)

New Recipe I tried last week:
Chicken Risotto (my first time - and it worked!)

In the craft basket:
Does anything and everything gardening count? That will be my focus for the next 3-4 weeks!

Looking forward to:
A fun, upcoming weekend (already looking forward to it, and it's only Monday)

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Taken from my friend, Dana: Have a dustcloth in your schoolroom. While you are giving spelling tests each week, dust off the computer and all surfaces.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):Unfortunately, I buzzed through each and every one of them so fast, that I didn't stop to pick a favorite. I will do better this week, though!

Favorite photo from last week:In my mind, this reflects the true nature of South Dakota

Lesson learned the past few days:
Work with your children on increasing their awareness of their conscience. When disciplining or making rules, make sure to bring it back to the "heart" issue so the rules you have in your own come with a source. That way, when they leave the home and abide by their own rules, they will understand the deeper reasoning behind the ones they leave behind, and more likely cling to the ones with meaning. (More on this concept in my blog later this week)

On my Prayer List:
My pastor and family
Health mercies on church members and family
Our faithful military
My family


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
The Spirit says: Forgive.
The flesh says: Hold a grudge.

The Spirit says: Be temperate.
The flesh says: Eat whatever you want, whenever you feel like it.

The Spirit says: Give that money to someone in need.
The flesh says: Spend that money on yourself.

The Spirit says: Spend some time in the Word and prayer.
The flesh says: You've had a long day; chill out in from of the TV for the evening.

The Spirit says: Hold your tongue, What you are about to say is not kind or necessary.
The flesh says: Tell it like it is!
(From Lies Women Believe)

"You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness...through Christ Jesus the Law of the Spirit of Life set me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 6:18, 8:2
8 Responses
  1. I think that gardening is indeed a form of crafting/hobby. Wonderful post today.

    Have An Amazing Monday
    from The Raggedy Girl-Roberta Anne


  2. Sarah Says:

    hi! this is a great post! i love your devotion part :) and chicken tortilla soup is fave around here. have a wonderful day!


  3. Jen Says:

    Great post! I love the dusting idea. Have a great week.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    how is the love dare? we watched firproof and I just wondered how the book worked in life off screen...


  5. Debra Says:

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your blog name. :)


  6. Sandra Says:

    Great post, I enjoyed reading your list :)


  7. Bonnie Says:

    Your lesson learned this week is a good one ! I'm going to have to remember to do that more too ...


  8. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    Thanks for the glimpse into your busy family's life.
    Gardenings the focus here, too, just now. Mainly my husband and the children are doing the work, though. I'm doing the inside stuff. :P

    I so agree about discipline being a matter of the heart. We don't just want conformity to a standard. We want our children to obey the Lord out of gratitude and love to Him.