Sarah
(Hosted by Sandra, so click HERE to link to her blog!)

On my bedside table:
The Love Dare
Lies Women Believe - bible study
The Holy Bible
My prayer journal
Seed catalog
Lotion, pony tail holders, and misc. stuff

On my TV:
This week, we will again be DVR-ing:
Dancing with the Stars
Survivor

On the menu for tonight:
Chicken Scallopine/Spinach

On my To Do List (for this week):
Laundry
Lesson plans for the rest of the school year (why does this seem to be a reoccuring theme???)
Send out statements for work
Get taxes picked up
Clean house before we leave for a long weekend

New Recipe(s) I tried last week:
Phyllo Rolled Asparagus
Bailey's Cake (Adapted from Jen's Kahlua cake recipe)

In the craft basket:
Still need to cut off some pj pants and sew my swimsuit cover up

Looking forward to:
Heading out of town this weekend for a change of scenery while my dh has continuing ed. We plan to still do some school, but in a different site which always seems to help the productivity. We will also just relax and enjoy the great outdoors if the weather cooperates.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
If you have a spice drawer like mine, you can only see the lids of the spices. Write the names on the top of each one to save picking each one up to figure out what it is.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I always hate to choose because I love reading all my posts of my blogger friends. But, I think this week, I would have to pick two, but doggone it Missy, I can't find your post for Desperate...so, if I find it, I'll have to post that another time.

But, I can post my other favorite for the week, from Bonnie at Simple Beauty. It is a repost, but I missed the first time she put this up, and I was inspired by her pictures and views of God's amazing creation. Check it out!

A favorite picture from last week...
Unfortunately, I haven't transferred my photos yet or loaded my new software, so this week I'll have to sit this one out. :(

Lesson learned the past few days:
You are never too old to experience the thrill of Easter morning, and sharing in the joy with others. It is so special and such a freedom to be able to freely shout, "HE IS RISEN!"

On my Prayer List:
My husband and children
Our military
Loved ones with special concerns
Married couples that they will join hearts and put the other person first
Friends who have just lost loved ones
Friend whose mother was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Two things stood out for me this week:
1. The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said." Matthew 28:5-6
2. Before the fall of man, a snake was regarded as a beautiful creature. It was not one to be feared, or to shy away from, or to cause one to shudder. All was perfect in the Garden of Eden, including every creature that God created. Now, we have a negative connotation of the snake, due to the form the devil once took. In the same way, deception can come in many forms, and often times we do not see it looming until it has reared its ugly head. Be on guard for those subtle lies that too quickly can become engrained in your life.

Have a blessed Monday!
13 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Very neat post! I am a newer homeschooling mom! Got any great tips? :) I really like the book, the Lies Women Believe...

    Have a Happy Monday!


  2. Great post! I'm addicted to DVR myself!


  3. Sandra Says:

    Great post...hope you have fun on your weekend getaway :)


  4. Amy Says:

    Mornin!!!

    Great tip on the spice drawer.. I was searching mine today, looking for Mr. Cinnamon AGAIN!!LOL! he seems to always be hiding from me...

    Where ya going this weekend? It sounds just beautiful!!


  5. Jen Says:

    Love the homemaking tip! Have a great get a way.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Great post...hope you have fun on your weekend getaway!


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Have a great time on your getaway! I love your blog design - how it looks like a paper journal! So cute!

    I'm working on lesson plans too. It doesn't end. Never ever.

    Sherry

    http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com/2009/04/happy-homemaker-monday_13.html


  8. Kirstin Says:

    I love your layout. It is sooo cool!!!


  9. Wendi Says:

    Loved reading your post. Have a great time away!


  10. Karen Says:

    I love your prayer about married couples. We all need to be reminded of that from time to time.


  11. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    I enjoyed your Happy Homemaker Monday.

    It is always good to be reminded to pray for our families, and for the marriages of others, too.

    Sounds like a wonderful week ahead for you and your family. :)


  12. annies home Says:

    I have heard alot about the love dare book is it as great as they say it is


  13. Bonnie Says:

    I didn't get around to read the Happy Homemaker Monday posts this week but I just scrolled through this quickly now and noticed that you picked one of my posts as your two favorite !! WOW !! THANKS !!! I need to stop reading or I'll be here commenting all day and I need to get these hungry kids some food !! ha ha. Normally they get their own cereal, unfortunately, in my efficiency, I took the cereal over to the new place yesterday !!