Sarah
For more Happy Homemaker posts, please visit Sandra, our hostess!

On my bedside table:
The Yada Yada Prayer House of Hope Novel: Where do I go? (I started the wrong series - bummer! But, it is really good!), by Neta Jackson
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of food Life, by Barbara Kingsolver

On my TV:
Same ol', same ol'...DVR has Survivor and Dancing with the Stars to be viewed

On the menu for tonight:
Yikes! No plans yet. Need to get on that. Grilling season is here, thank goodness.

On my To Do List:
Purchase plants for garden
Do bible study for Tuesday
Laundry - lots and lots
Clean main floor of house
Lesson plans
Get containers ready for flowers
Prepare yearly review for luncheon meeting with Brad's receptionist tomorrow
Confirmation gifts
Graduation gifts
Attend meetings Monday and Tuesday night
Family night Wed at church
Finish herb garden with my husband - his Mother's Day gift to me!

New Recipe I tried last week:
Whole wheat pancakes - adapted a recipe
Monster cookies

In the craft basket:
Technically, it would be my project basket - and in it are all things gardening!

Looking forward to:
Getting through the first half of the week, and praying the second half is more relaxed

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Take dryer sheets that have been run through the dryer once, and use to wipe dust off of electronics, particularly TV's. The dust will not collect near as fast. (Have not used on tv screen, though)

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
So many stand out this past week, that I am going to just say, I loved them all! I love reading every post, and I wish I had more time to read more!!

Favorite photo from last week:
Lesson learned the past few days:
1. Communicate with your spouse! If you have an agenda, make sure to share it with them so you're on the same page with expectations
2. When you try something new, you may be disappointed. However, if you have a positive attitude, you can laugh and learn from the situation.

On my Prayer List:
Brad's grandpa who is in the hospital
My pastor, for continued strength to stand in the Truth
My mom, who has been sick
Our leaders, our country, our military

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
From our parenting seminar: "I speak the truth in Christ - I am not lying, my conscience confirms it in the Holy Spirit." Romans 9:1
13 Responses
  1. Brook Says:

    It looks like you're busy, busy, busy!

    I have used a "used" dryer sheet on the TV and it works wonderfully there too.


  2. Thanks for stopping by! I can't believe how fast it goes by-I swear I just saw her playing with dolls. And now all I can think about is next year I will have two going to Prom.


  3. Thanks for stopping by. Your blog is just darling. I will try the dryer sheet thing as I could not find electronic cleaning spray. Have a wonderful Monday.

    The Raggedy Girl


  4. Debra Says:

    Thanks for stopping by. Love your 'communicating w/ your spouse' lesson. Makes a huge difference when you do. :)

    Question: Your 'to do' list mentioned graduation gifts. I have 3 HS grad gifts to get this year - 2 boys, 1 girl. What kind of things do you get?
    Thanks!


  5. Karen Says:

    Love your lessons learned. #1 is so important and #2 makes life a whole lot more fun.


  6. Sandra Says:

    Love the lessons learned, both good ones.

    Hope you're having a great day.


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks for the dusting tip - I had no idea! And I can certainly use all the cleaning tips I can get!


  8. Bonnie Says:

    How were the whole wheat pancakes ? I'd love the recipe if they were good ...

    ooooh, a herb garden !!! I loooooove my herb garden ! It's fabulous once the herbs are established and you can start using them !!!


  9. Jen Says:

    Great list. I have an herb garden too...they are so nice. Sorry I have been away for awhile..I'm trying to get back on track this week....you look like you have a very busy week....


  10. Sarah Says:

    Good to hear from you all!

    Debra - I usually look through the CBD.com catalog and pray something stands out. If nothing does, I give money. Real exciting, huh?

    Missy - it does work! You just hang in there and do what you can, my friend. Ask God what is most important for you to do today - it may not be housework!

    Bonnie - they were good, but such a hybrid of a recipe that I'm not sure what I did. Next time I make them, I'll be precise and write down what I did. All I know is that I used whole wheat flour, organic vanilla yogurt, and omega 3 eggs, so we're getting close to a healthy pancake recipe!


  11. Amy Says:

    Hey girl!

    Love love that scripture.. and I have been practicing what you shared from the parenting conference about speaking praise about the fruit of the spirit that your children are showing... loved that!

    Gorgeous picture too! That pancake recipe sounds yumo too!!!

    hugs Amy


  12. Tiffany Says:

    Hi--I've been limiting my computer time so I haven't had a chance to comment in a couple of days...
    I love the dryer sheet idea. I'll definitely put the kids to work on that one. And--I read that food book by Barbara Kingsolver a year or so ago and loved it. I think it would be a fun experiment but I'm not willing to work that hard. The recipes are fantastic. I tried a few while I was reading it.


  13. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    I hope your mom is feeling better, and Brad's grandpa, also.

    That photo is beautiful. Is that the Badlands?

    I'm thinking maybe of doing Happy Homemaker Monday rather than Simple Woman's Daybook. It's a difficult decision. I like them both. :P