Sarah
Thanks to Sandra for hosting!

On my bedside table:
My bible
Lies Women Believe (bible study)
Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life, by Barbara Kingsolver
CBD catalog

On my TV:
Typical - still have Survivor and Dancing with the Stars on the DVR

On the menu for tonight:
Either meatloaf and sweet potatoes or leftovers

On my To Do List:
Finish planting the upper garden (tomatoes, peppers, sweet potatoes are left)
Plant lower three gardens (herbs, more tomatoes, spinach, lettuce)
Purchase and plant flowers
Enter insurance checks
Payroll
Billing
Shop for confirmation gifts
Shop for birthday gifts

New Recipe I tried last week:
Whole Wheat Bread

In the craft basket:
Still gardening at full speed

Looking forward to:
Our trip to Minneapolis this weekend for niece's confirmation
We are her godparents so are excited to see her profess her faith before God- she is such a wonderful girl with a loving heart

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Use a chalk line in your garden to make straight rows - it works GREAT!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
My friend, Amy, has been working through some tough decisions over the past few months. I love how her and her family have searched for God's direction and found it. While the best decision isn't always the easiest decision, God rewards those who are faithful to him. You can read more about her decision here. Being a mom is tough, but we are here to do what is best for our children - and I think Amy shows this in her family.

Favorite photo from last week (actually last month!):
Lesson learned the past few days:
Ruth is such an example of godliness and faithfulness. She was a woman of excellence and we should strive to be like her.

On my Prayer List:
MF's confirmation
Brad's grandpa - will most likely have surgery this week
Brad's mom for strength as she deals with all the uncertainties regarding Grandpa
Our family
Our country
Our servicemen

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"Let not yours be the outward adorning with braiding of hair, decoration of gold, and wearing of fine clothing, but let it be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable jewel of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious." I Peter 3:3-4
17 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    your bedside table looks like mine did a few weeks ago lol how do you like the books?


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Sounds like you had a busy day. I love the photo.

    ~blessings, Sarah


  3. Jen Says:

    I love that scripture. Have a great week.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    I love your blog layout.


  5. I love the book Lies Women Believe. God used this book to speak a major direction He wanted in my life.

    Happy Homemaker Monday
    from
    The Raggedy Girl


  6. Sandra Says:

    Loved the post. Amy sure has been making tough decisions hasn't she? She's so inspiring though :)

    Have a wonderful Monday!


  7. Amy Says:

    Hi Sarah girl!!! I laughed out loud when I read your comment...lol!! That is a hoot.. I hadn't gotten to read any blogs yet until now.. that is so fun! I am thinkin' of you and your were thinkin' of me! Too fun!

    Love your picture.. what beauty!

    Hugs.. Amy


  8. Anonymous Says:

    That's a great tip!


  9. Tiffany Says:

    Hey--the CBD catalog is on my bedside table too. I need to find some books for my almost 10 year old.
    I love the verse you shared, especially since I am an au natural kinda girl--almost no makeup, hate to dress up, and hate to "do" my hair. I will work more on cultivating my gentle spirit. :0)
    I don't know your e-mail or how to find it but mine is tiffanypatterson@embarqmail.com
    We can be FB friends!


  10. Julia Says:

    You are busy I can see! And I bet your garden will be fabulous.

    I just made a list for tomorrows work and I am a little intimidated...

    But I also wanted to say I am posting your daughters fabulous apron picture tomorrow too! I hope you enjoy. :)


  11. Jen Says:

    Great day post. Will keep your prayers close....meatloaf sounds really good and I need to do it before the raging hot temps come in.


  12. Bonnie Says:

    That's hilarious that you and Amy both chose each other's posts as favorites !!


  13. Carrie Says:

    Just stopping in via TAG. Your daughter is adorable in that chef hat and apron. Made my morning!

    Your blog is great, glad I stopped by to see you.

    Have a Blessed Day!

    Carrie


  14. Anna Says:

    great post! have a wonderful day. p.s. saw your daughter's pic on the apron goddesses page...she's adorable :-)


  15. siteseer Says:

    Great post. I love the scripture. I with I could learn to memorize more. Guess I need to put forth more effort. I like your blog


  16. A very thoughtful post. Enjoy your niece's confirmation - what a special day!

    How'd the whole wheat bread turn out? I'd like to make that from scratch.


  17. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,

    It sounds like you're keeping good and busy.

    Later on it will be fun to see photos of all that grows in your garden.

    We still have a few things to put in. I purchased a small packet of zucchini seeds today, and I would like to plant a patch of sunflowers as well.