Sarah
Special thanks to Sandra for hosting!

On my bedside table:
Lies Women Believe
The Yada Yada Prayer Group (thanks, Angie!)
Eating Well magazine

On my TV:
We've been gone, so on our DVR we have all of Survivor since last Thursday to watch (don't tell us what happened!!)

On the menu for tonight:
Beautiful night, so hoping to grill some chicken breasts and veggies

On my To Do List:
Laundry
Unpack from the weekend
Purchase and plant flowers
Water garden
Send statements
Plan summer calendar
Menu for the week
Prepare for bible study for tomorrow

New Recipe I tried last week:
Nothing new last week as we were just trying to keep our heads above water
This week, though, I plan on trying some new bread recipes

In the craft basket:
Any and all things gardening

Looking forward to:
Having a less busy week and enjoying the weather now that the majority of the garden is planted

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Don't leave a pot holder in the oven by accident or you'll be trying to figure out where that melted plastic smell is coming from for a long time...(Thanks, sis!) :)

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Bonnie hits it on the head so many times, and I found this one to touch my heart.

Favorite photo from last week:My daugher and nieces...special girls on Confirmation Sunday.

Lesson learned the past few days:
It is still possible to love my spouse more than I already do. God has truly blessed me with him!

On my Prayer List:
My cousin who is having surgery to determine if she has ovarian cancer
My niece who was confirmed yesterday - may she always walk with Christ
Brad's grandpa, who continues to decline
My pastor and staff
Our military personnel
Our country

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
For my niece's confirmation, she received an engraved bible from her parents. All the guests were invited to underline and write in comments regarding their favorite verses and prayers for her. What a special idea and one she will treasure forever. I was so surprised to see two of my favorites already underlined by my husband when I went to write my comments. One of them is Colossians 1:10, "And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God..." What a challenge this is, but one to keep in mind and at the forefront of everything we say and do. I pray this for myself, my children, and my entire family. May all of us embrace this goal and do all that is possible to live our lives in this way!
11 Responses
  1. Mary Ann Says:

    The girls are so cute! Grilling out sounds really yummy!


  2. annies home Says:

    congrats to your niece, god bless, great picture of the little ladies as well


  3. Jen Says:

    I've left a plastic spatula in the oven before and been in the same spot as you trying to find that smell. Have a great week.


  4. Sandra Says:

    I enjoyed reading your list :)

    Sounds like you're going to busy busy today.


  5. Tiffany Says:

    I loved the verse you shared. I'm going to write that one down somewhere that I see it regularly. That picture of the girls is sweet. I love the idea of everybody underlining and commenting.


  6. Bonnie Says:

    Beautiful photo of the girls ! Which one is your daughter ?

    Can't wait to hear all about your gardening ! Sounds like you've got big plans for this season !!

    And wow ... I'm always stunned when someone chooses one of my posts as their favorite for the week ! Thank you and I'm glad you were touched by that one !


  7. Jen Says:

    It sounds like a wild long week. Here is hoping this week goes smoother and slower. I too am off track and hoping this week to slow down and dance.


  8. Angie Says:

    ha, you are welcome Sarah. So I hope you are liking it....... I am going to be starting the 4th book in the series soon. I enjoy them alot and have been passing them on to my mom to read. Have a beautiful week~ Angie


  9. Amy Says:

    Love your lesson learned... man that just warms my heart!! Such a sweet picture of your sweet nieces and your daughter... such precious purity and innocence with the sun shining their hair... great shot, Sarah friend!

    So love the Bonnie girl too! Isn't she just awesome.. I like the post too... love to journal... such a huge connection from the heart to the pen!

    Hugs.. amy


  10. Sarah Says:

    what thoughtful mother's day gifts!!!
    have a great week!


  11. Sandy Says:

    I have that book Lies Women Believe and have not finished it. Now I read it is on your bedside and got me thinking maybe I should finish it.

    Thanks for a great post.