Sarah
My friend Jen did this and I thought it would be fun to take a quick walk down memory lane. If you decide to do the same, let me know so I can check out your firsts!

Famous Firsts

First job: Babysitting my twin cousins - I think I was only 11 at the time and babysat while my aunt would go out and milk cows

First real job: Cashier at Mackenthun's grocery store. I worked a ton as I had to buy my own clothes as well as lots of other items - money was tight! I think I started working there when I was 16?

First favorite politician: Ronald Reagan is the first politician I really remember

First car: A red Oldsmobile Cutlass that my sister and I shared when we were in college...I just can't remember what we drove before that!

First record/CD: Shawn Cassidy - Oh wait, he was my first poster. I think my first record that I owned was Air Supply. My sister joined a record club and I remember her getting a free record: KISS-Double Platinum! :)

First Sport played: Volleyball, in 7th grade. Played through high school, along with softball. Only played basketball a few years, although I loved the game.

First concert: I think MC Hammer was the first one I went to on my own and that wasn't until college! Before that, I remember mom taking us to The Vienna Boys Choir.

First foreign country visited: Canada (I'm counting that), when I was around 5, perhaps? I remember mountains, a bear in our camp, a tram ride, car breaking down, and me constantly saying something about "Jasper, Jerome" in reference to some state or national park we visited...

First favorite TV show: Little House on the Prairie, hands down. I remember passing up fishing with my dad to watch it one day. (Ouch)

First favorite actor: Leif Garett is the first one I remember along with David Cassidy.

First favorite actress: Well, where there is Leif there is Brooke Shields. I think I was also partial to Tommy from "Eight is Enough".

First boyfriend/girlfriend: I loved Darin D. in first grade. I actually somehow kissed him and remember someone saying they were going to tell on me - figured I would get into big trouble over that one. Felt guilty for weeks!

First encounter with a famous person: Waitressed at Ciatti's in Minneapolis and served Dan Gladden, and some other Minnesota Twins players.

First brush with death: Flipped a three wheeler in early high school and landed on my back, resulting in a compressed vertebrae. Scared the daylights out of me and caused some ongoing problems for awhile.

First house or condo owned: Lovely redwood sided trailer house - two bedroom, two bath. My first house with Brad. We drove by to look at it this past weekend only to find it GONE from the sight. A piece of our history is no more.

First film seen: Mary Poppins or Benji - can't remember which.

First favorite recording artist: Prince

First favorite radio station: ?

First book I remember reading: Loved reading as a child - would guess it would be any of the Little House books or Judy Blume books like Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret...

First meme you answered on your blog: The Simple Woman's Daybook

Take a walk down memory lane and let me know you did. I want to come and see your firsts!
Labels: edit post
3 Responses
  1. Jen Says:

    I remember that one by Judy Blume...wow I had forgotten...and I too loved Little House on the prairie...those were some great shows...along with her books. Kiss was awesome too.
    I'm glad you did this it was so fun.


  2. Christine Says:

    I love your first here! I loved the Little House books too!

    I really like how you have your page set up over here Sarah. Very cool =O)

    I hope you have a great Mothers day with your family!!!!

    Blessings and hugs your way =O)


  3. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    I very much enjoyed your firsts. I've done some similar quizzes over on Facebook. Do you do Facebook? I'm tired, so I don't even remember if I've asked you that before. :P

    If so, I'd like to be your friend on Facebook, too.