Sarah
I wanted to share with you my special Mother's Day gifts that I received a couple of weeks ago...

From my son, JD...On his own, at age 11, he remembered that I needed a necklace that I could wear with black clothing. So, he called up my niece who makes jewelry, and put in his order. He sent her some of his hard earned allowance, and received this lovely creation to give to me. What is extra special on this is the way he thought through something well before the time he needed it, and initiated and followed through with his intention all by himself, without any assistance from dad! He really is growing up and showing that he is able to think of others!

From my middle child, JT. A special card with a well written poem, along with a child being held by the hand of Jesus. He handed me the card with the poem, which was a kick off to a full house scavenger hunt that he had created, with the prize of the sculpture at the end. While the sculpture may have been borrowed from another room in the house, the intention was amazing, and the poem was personally created by his loving heart. The poem (unedited)reads:
Mother, Mother you teach me well.
Mother, Mother your really swell.
Mother, Mother I love you.
Mother, Mother so do you.
Mother, Mother you take care of me.
You taught me the difference between a bee and a tree.
Mother, Mother your the best,
I'm trying hard not to be a pest.
Mother, Mother your important to me.
Mother, Mother why can't you see?
Mother, Mother your beautiful.
Your hair is softer than freshly brushed wool.
Mother, Mother you help pick up,
You did it whne Baxter was a wee pup.
Mother, Mother you pick up thumbtacks
So after I'm done please look on the back.
Mother, Mother this is my gift from me to you,
Just please say that you love me too.


Miss TJ pulled out a sweet little Strawberry Shortcake that she wrapped up especially for me from her favorite toy collection. Not to be left out, she found a special little box to wrap it in, and waited excitedly for me to open her gift. Oh, the joy to give a special present and know the recipient will cherish it always.

Last, but not least, my dh worked long and hard at creating some new garden boxes for me to finally get my herb garden next to the house, along with a salad garden and a mismatched treasure of heirloom tomatoes. We have a fairly decent size garden up away from the house, but these little boxes serve double duty as erosion control as well as produce "producers"! So here is the before... And the after... The plants are in, and the flowers for the borders added today. Now, we just have to add some decorative grasses in front of each, and we'll be set for this year. We were going to do just one, but my dh got going and decided that it looked better with three, and, of course, I agree.

Any time I have more room for fresh produce, why would I complain? (Oh, but I will, just as soon as those weeds start invading!) It was a wonderful day and I am so thankful and blessed to be wife and mommy to this family!
7 Responses
  1. Joyce Says:

    What precious gifts from your dear children and husband!

    Those raised beds are so attractive. How nice it will be for you to have them full of fresh produce. :)


  2. Jen Says:

    What great kids....such thoughtful gifts. And I love your beds...just great. You had an awesome day....one much deserved.


  3. Bonnie Says:

    oh ... that poem !!! i love it !!


  4. Karen Says:

    Lovely, thoughtful and caring children. You are definitely doing some things right!


  5. Melanie Says:

    What lovely gifts! So special when they're from the heart. I love the raised beds. Have a lovely day.


  6. Unknown Says:

    LOVE your blog and the design!

    I know you'll get great use out of those planter boxes!

    And as Arnold says, "I'll be back!"


  7. Amanda Says:

    Love, love, love the poem!