Sarah


Happy Memorial Day! Thanks to Sandra for hosting!

On my bedside table:
Lies Women Believe - three more weeks left on this study, and then I should start over!
Eating Well magazine
Taste of Home magazine
Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Real - Book 3, Neta Jackson

On my TV:
Nothing! I love summer because there are no new shows to have on our DVR, so we aren't missing anything - and we aren't wasting our time watching TV!

On the menu for tonight:
Grilling - of some way, shape or form. I am thinking shrimp at this point...

On my To Do List:
Enter insurance checks
Wash bed sheets
Weed the garden (continually!)
Plan VBS skit for this Sunday
VBS information for kick off on Sunday
Read
Relax
Rest
(Oh, just kidding about those three)

New Recipe I tried last week:
I was on a roll - I think I tried 4 new ones, but this vanilla pudding from scratch was my favorite. Uh, hello, who knew homemade vanilla pudding was about as easy as pulling it from a box...

In the craft basket:
Still, all gardening, all the time ;)
Swimsuit cover up (cutting off an old knit dress)

Looking forward to:
Getting many more of our outside jobs done today so we can sit on the porch more and relax!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
When making a plate of hamburgers, pork chops, or meat to put on the grill, line it with plastic wrap first. Then, when they are ready, remove the plastic wrap, and your serving tray is clean and ready.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Just from this morning! Hot off the presses - visit Evening Shade, Morning Latte for a wonderful tribute!

Favorite photo from last week:A beautiful sunset off our front porch...


Lesson learned the past few days:
You don't always need to be in charge. Learn to go with the flow, even when it is against your nature. Stop, take a deep breath, and consider if the change of plans may actually be better than the original plan!

On my Prayer List:
All military families, now and from the past
Praise for the freedoms we have
Thankfulness for those willing to serve
Family
Our pastor, for continued strength in leading the flock

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
From our church service last week..."When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat upon it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up - one on one side, one on the other- so that his hands remained steady till sunset." Exodus 17:12 While we may think we can do it on our own, we need others to keep us on the straight and narrow. The fellowship of believers can be a great asset in strengthening and uplifting us when we are down, and, in turn, we can assist others and uphold them with God's help. Whether near or far, prayer can be the most powerful of tools and weapons to defend against the Evil Foe.
9 Responses
  1. Tiffany Says:

    I love Taste of Home magazine. They have great recipes!
    Homemade vanilla pudding sounds really good...
    The sunset is beautiful! We used to live in NM and I still miss those amazing sunsets across the wide open sky. Trees block our view of a sunset around here.
    Sounds like you have a busy week...


  2. Debra Says:

    I love your homemaking tip! I am forever running the platter that had the raw meat inside to wash it so it's ready in time for the cooked meat.

    Great lesson, too.


  3. Sandra Says:

    Great post again.

    I really enjoyed the Yada Yada prayer group series, do you like them?


  4. Bonnie Says:

    That sunset is amazing !! I'd like to sit on a porch swing watching it happen !!


  5. Jen Says:

    I too am working on VBS stuff this week as well....looking forward to a great week.


  6. Thank you for the shout out and link to my blog. I am honored that you would choose mine as worthwhile.

    BEAUTIFUL photo! I love the colors of the sky.

    ~Warm Cozy Blessings


  7. Karen Says:

    I loved this post. The photo is beautiful! Lucky you to have such a view from your own front porch.

    Taste of Home is one of my favorite magazines. It's been a while since I subscribed to it. And thanks for the tip of the day! Such an easy thing to do. Makes me wonder, why didn't I think of that?


  8. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    I enjoyed hearing about your busy times. I especially appreciated the devotional about believers needing one another.

    See you around!


  9. Melanie Says:

    What a beautiful photo of the sunset! Enjoyed your Monday post. Very nice!