Sarah

Special thanks to Sandra for hosting!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Beautiful...we're finally getting our fall season...I was afraid we had jumped to winter to stay!

One of my simple pleasures:
Sneaking my kids' Halloween candy. Just kidding. Reading in bed with my electric blanket. That's my pleasure.

On my bedside table:
A bunch of Kristin Billerback books. A bunch. I've got a whole passel of them and have to figure out which one to read when, in what order. I'm in the mindless reading phase right now.

Except that I have the ultimate contrast to the mindless reading also on my bedside table...Living by the Book. A long overdue promised post about that coming soon.

On my TV:
DWTS, Top Chef, Survivor - that's all we watch, well, except for Viking football...Go Vikes!

On the menu for tonight:
Just like last week, I am thinking we need to grill due to the weather. Did I say GORGEOUS???

On my To Do List:
Baking bars and cookies for church on Wednesday
Menu planning
Volunteer meeting tonight for TJ's play

New Recipe I tried last week:
Tried two new breads with good success - paired them both with chili yesterday.
http://zestycook.com/homemade-bubbly-beer-bread/
http://zestycook.com/quick-and-easy-whole-wheat-bread/

In the craft basket:
Nada, nothing...well, buttons to put on a coat, mending, hemming, hmmm. I guess I do have stuff in the craft basket

Looking forward to:
Is it too early to look forward to our vacation in January? We're heading to California! Yeah! We've got car and airline tickets booked, along with our second week of accomodations. Still need to finalize the first week.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Make sure your towels get all the way dry or they will smell sour. Yep, they are on their second trip through the washer as we speak.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
None - but lots of good reads out there - can't pick a favorite!

Favorite photo from last week:
Need to download some more so I'm sure you'll see some new ones soon

Lesson learned the past few days:
  1. I can't believe how much work it is to get our house clean before company comes over. I never think it is that bad until I think of someone coming ;)
  2. If I don't get my bible study done first thing in the morning, the chances of it getting done significantly decrease
  3. Having Halloween candy in the house greatly increases the odds of me getting fat

On my Prayer List:
My family
My pastor as he shepherds the flock
Our country
Our military

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
16 I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. 18 And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Ephesians 3: 16-19

Have a great week!

6 Responses
  1. Amy Says:

    lol~ You are so fun, Sarah girl!!

    No sneaking for me neither...he he... I might be sneaking the candy to the garbage can tho..lol! shhhh.... they will NEVER know! Well maybe... but I will tell myself they won't to make the purge part easier..

    I really love that you pray for your pastor... I see that every week on your prayer list! Pastors so desperately need our prayers! They are on the frontline, you know?

    oh oh and I love the "mindless reading" phase! So love that! I am not in it yet, but I believe I will be soon soon!

    Yay for fall and gorgeous weather!! Us too! LOVING it!

    Let's see what else I can comment on to make this comment super duper spiffy and looong... lalalalal

    Those breads look FABO! Gonna have to click on over my healthy eatin' friend..

    I also love that you too have nothing in your craft basket! What is a craft basket anyways?? heesh, who are these people and their craft baskets anyways?? heesh!

    Love your homemaking tip too!! And another one, don't leave your big big load of towels in the dryer either, because they might actually NOT be dry.. and then they ALL smell yucky! Not that I know or anything... hmmmm...

    MK... so, I am loving your HM post.. and I think this comment is going to do..it's spiffy, it's long, and gosh darnit, I had to tell ya how much I love you and how much I appreciate your bloggy friendship!

    hugs and loves... A


  2. Sandra Says:

    Great post, I enjoyed reading it. Hope you have a great Monday :)


  3. Karen Says:

    I'd be reading the book under the electric blanket with the candy:)

    How fun to have a trip to look forward to in January. That's always such a dreary time of year. Great time for a vacation!


  4. Barbara Says:

    My favorite part of the post...looking forward to vacation....that seems to be what I always look forward to....vacation. It won't be long before retirement and then I am praying for life to be a vacation. Hope your plans are all you want them to be. Be blessed


  5. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    I always enjoy my visits to your blog.

    About towels: I usually wash them on the hot setting. Before starting the load, I pour a "glug" of white vinegar on the towels. I think that helps to fight sourness, too.


  6. Jen Says:

    I'm behind in blogs....I'm caught up with you finally. I love you daughters dress....wow...a little bride.
    It sounds like you got thru Halloween....and now your focused on house cleaning...something I need to be working on.
    Loved all the pics...have a great weekend.