Sarah
Special thanks to Sandra for hosting!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Gorgeous weather - love Indian Summer...not as warm today, but at this point, we'll take any day without snow we can get.

One of my simple pleasures:
Reading, uninterrupted, with a cup of coffee in hand. Have I said that already? Probably. Oh, well.

On my bedside table:
Anything and everything Kristin Billerback. She makes me laugh with the way she writes. It is just fun writing. No brainer reading. Also on my bedside, Living by the Book. Love that bible study.

On my TV:
I think we're going to ditch all the recorded DWTS. Otherwise it's the same ol' same ol'...Top Chef date with my dh on Wednesday. I look forward to that all week.

On the menu for tonight:
I don't know. I plan to get to the store while JD is working on the set for TJ's play.

On my To Do List:
Laundry - tons of it! Oh, my. Colder temps make so much more laundry due to the jeans and sweatshirts!

New Recipe I tried last week:
I always plan to write them down, then never do! I made TOH's Seafood Enchiladas

In the craft basket:
Buttons, still

Looking forward to:
TJ's bday at the end of the week - need to get planning on what we're going to do to celebrate

Homemaking Tip for this week:
You know, I just got nothin' on this today. All I see is dust right now, which is clouding my tip knowledge

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Tiffany tipped me off to this great post about yelling...

Favorite photo from last week:
It's not from last week, but one I haven't posted yet...my boys at Grandma's. They love all her books.

Lesson learned the past few days:
Everyone needs a friend. It's just harder to be one to some people than others.

On my Prayer List:
My pastor
The military and their families
My spouse and my kids

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:Sometimes, an attitude of gratitude is not natural - at least for me. But, by focusing on it each and every day, and looking for God's blessings daily in my life, I see his glory and outpouring more clearly, and appreciate it even more!
5 Responses
  1. Debra Says:

    That recipe sounds good! Have a good Monday!


  2. Jen Says:

    Recipe sounds good. I use to love going to my great grandmothers house and read all her books from her childhood. She had all the McGuffey readers. I loved them. Have a great week.


  3. Jen Says:

    Amen to the friend quote you wrote...
    and what is up with the laundry!!!! we have so much of it right now....


  4. Bonnie Says:

    Seafood enchiladas ? Really ?? Were they good ???


  5. Anonymous Says:

    I love a good cup of cofee when reading, just add a cat on my knee and I'm in heaven!

    I have tons and tons of laundry too!