Sarah
This morning, my husband needs me to run an errand for him across town. So, I'm heading out, all three kids in tow. The beauty of this morning is that we have our backpacks all filled up with school subjects so we can stop at a coffee shop and get some work done. Making memories while helping them learn!


Today, I am thankful for the opportunity to school my kids at home. I realize this choice is not for everyone, but it is the choice for us. We are blessed to have a curriculum which provides a solid and comprehensive education, and I have such gratitude for my husband for working so hard to allow me the chance to teach my kids in our home environment (or, at the coffee shop, like this morning!).

11 Come, my children, listen to me;
I will teach you the fear of the LORD.

12 Whoever of you loves life
and desires to see many good days,

13 keep your tongue from evil
and your lips from speaking lies.

14 Turn from evil and do good;
seek peace and pursue it.
Psalm 34:11-14
5 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    I hope you thoroughly enjoy your cup of java while at that coffee shop :) Don't you just love the flexibility of schooling your children at home?


  2. Jen Says:

    Love this....enjoy them.


  3. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    I heartily agree with your thankful sentiments.

    I'm especially thankful for the opportunity and freedom to influence our children for good, and teach them about the Lord, when they are young.


  4. Melanie Says:

    I had the privilege of homeschooling my youngest for 5 years and though it was hard work, it was such a blessing!
    I wouldn't trade it for anything!
    God bless you.


  5. Tiffany Says:

    School in a coffee shop sounds fun!
    I have to apologize--I said I would join you in blogging all that I'm thankful for everyday but I'm doing so well not being on the computer much that I haven't gotten to it. I am enjoying your thankful posts though!