Sarah
Thanks to Sandra for hosting!

On my bedside table:
Take One by Karen Kingsbury
Bible
Lies Women Believe
Need to get Book 5 of Neta Jackson's series!

On my TV:
Nothing, nada, zippo

On the menu for tonight:
Well, let's see - it is tonight, 10:30PM CST to be exact, and my kids ate pizza and cheeseballs for supper. How's that? UGH. I had a meeting tonight after working all day, unexpectedly, and one of our last patients bought Brad a pizza to take home. How cool is that?

I did feed the ladies at my house fruit, bars, pound cake with strawberry/rhubarb sauce, nuts, and fruit dip. That was supper for me. Yum.

On my To Do List:
Survive this week - actually it's not that bad, but when I throw work into the mix and not know how many days I need to do it, it throws a wrench in things. Especially when we have to get the kids to and from swimming lessons in the middle of the morning.

New Recipe I tried last week:
I'll have to post on this another time

In the craft basket:
Gardening

Looking forward to:
Kids progressing in swimming lessons
Bible study on Tuesday

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Little tasks done by the kiddos can go a long way - daily wiping of the sink in the bathroom keeps it from getting out of control

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Oh, man. I had a favorite this week, but my brain is fried. I think I will have to do a redo on this post and highlight something in a few days.

Favorite photo from last week:
Sorry, skipping this as well as I haven't had a chance to upload any new ones.

Lesson learned the past few days:
All too often, I let circumstances dictate my mood. It's way too easy to have this happen and I need to stop!

On my Prayer List:
My husband's receptionist, that she can be cured of her headaches
Praise for a new baby to church friends, and comfort for the birth mom that had the courage to put her up for adoption

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
(See lesson learned...)
"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:5
"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with teh glory that will be revealed in us." Romans 8:18
"Therefor we do not lose heart...For our light and momentary troubles are achivieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

I hope to visit all of you on Tuesday - God bless you.
6 Responses
  1. Bonnie Says:

    is that a new karen kingsbury ? i looooooooooove her books ! she may very well be my all time favorite novelist !


  2. Pamela Says:

    Yes, I agree, it's the little tasks that add up so tackling them as they arise really helps keep the chore list down!

    Have a wonderful week.


  3. Karen Says:

    Great housekeeping tip for this week. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Slow and steady wins the race!


  4. Barbara Says:

    I love Psalms 30:5...it is such a wonderful promise. In life there will be times of weeping and mourning, but joy will always come thru Him who has given us so much. Who has our very heart in his hand.

    I hope life can slow down a little for you.....be blessed


  5. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    I remember the busy swimming lesson days. It is so worth it to have the children confident in the water, when all is said and done.

    Adverse circumstances, by God's blessing, help us learn to live by faith rather than sight. It is so easy to let circumstances dictate our moods, though, as you mentioned. :P


  6. Sandra Says:

    Love Karen Kingsbury :)

    Thanks for the great read, I enjoyed your post.