Sarah
As I was thinking on what to post today, I spent a little time perusing through some blogging posts. I was reading this one from the Pioneer Woman, with a child peering over my shoulder. In a moment, my oldest was gone. What followed didn't really surprise me, but it sure was fun to follow...

Gathering the branches...Cutting...Cutting...More cutting...
Taking a well deserved break...
Prepping the frame...Finished product...Time to play...



What a fun afternoon - ah, the joys of summer.
8 Responses
  1. Bonnie Says:

    I can't believe that your kids made that !! How creative and imaginative of them !!! What a great summer day activity !! I'll bet they are glad to have a Mom who lets them do that sort of stuff ! These are the things great childhood memories are made of !


  2. Amy Says:

    What incredible fun!! My goodness! Loved every picture.. hard work, and then play! Nothin' better!

    Awesome job to your lovies!

    Amy


  3. Amy Says:

    Oh, and PS, I read the same post! Wasn't that book so inspiring! I have to get me one of those Day of Summer reads! What fun!

    A


  4. Unknown Says:

    What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. You'll kids will remember this forever.

    Jennifer

    www.texasfamilyoffour.com


  5. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah!
    My children, like yours, have had great fun with homemade bows. They never got so far as constructing a teepee, though! Very nice work, children.


  6. Barbara Says:

    What a wonderful day of fun for your kids....learning to put that together...what wonderful memories they will have. Hope everyday of their summer is exciting.


  7. Bee Jay Says:

    Great shots of very active and happy kids. So good to be able to make a lasting record in photos too.
    Blessings!


  8. Tiffany Says:

    How cool is that??? I want to check out that site. What creative kids.