Sarah
It's been a whirlwind few days and I feel only now like I am beginning to catch my breath. I've missed posting, and have only been able to visit my blogging friends here and there, so I am a bit out of touch. But, life is good, and looking better each and every day. God is teaching me and helping me to grow, to look at life as a gift, and to praise him in every circumstance. I am a tough student, so I am thankful he is a patient teacher.

We had to switch up some things in our schedule this week due to Brad's secretary being out sick. She suffers from chronic headaches, and a few times a year has some that bring her to her knees. She ended up needing IV's with additional medicine to break the painful cycle she was in. What a reliable employee she is, though, as she works despite her pain because she lives with it on a daily basis. She has only missed work a few times, and it is typically because the pain has become so intense that she can't move without searing pain. Please pray for her as this is something she has suffered with for years, and relief comes only temporarily for her. She lives for her good days, because they are few and far between.

So, with her being out Monday and Tuesday, we did some switching around so I could end up working in her place. I am the ony back up plan, so we make it work, one way or another. The only big issue we had was that the kids started swimming lessons this week, so we had to get them from point A to point B in the middle of the morning, and then figure out what to have them do the rest of the day. Surprisingly, meals were also an issue as I have typically been cooking from scratch, we have little to no processed foods around, and I had been planning on baking break on Monday as well as grocery shopping, so the selection was quite limited around here for food! But, praise the Lord, between Brad's schedule having some wiggle room, and some flexibility on his part, we were able to make Monday and Tuesday work! We both had meetings on Monday and Tuesday night as well, so now we are regrouping as a family for the remainder of the week, and praising the Lord that Londa is back at work and holding her own.

Today is the last day of swimming lessons for the week, and two of my three are overjoyed. My youngest, TJ, has proven to be quite the little fish, and has moved up in her levels to be ahead of one of her brothers, and in the same level as the other. The resentment was about to rear its ugly head when this happened, but both boys showed surprising restraint, and TJ prayed for both of them last night, asking Jesus to help them like swimming lessons as much as her, and to help JT to move up a level today. I pray it will be a good day and a good lesson for all of them. One week almost down, one more to go.

So, I'm off to get them up and ready for the day - getting a good breakfast in their tummies but not too much so they don't sink like a rock. :) I have so much more to say, but we'll save it for later. I have plants begging to be watered, so to the outside I go!

Have a blessed day, everyone!
Labels: edit post
4 Responses
  1. Karen Says:

    I love the tough student and patient teacher analogy in your first paragraph. We're all forever students aren't we? I need to remember that, in being more gentle with myself and with those around me.

    It seems that the crazier life gets, the harder it is to keep dinner on the stove. Why is that? It's always the first thing to go kaput when my day goes nuts. I need a better plan!

    Enjoyed your post today, Sarah!


  2. Barbara Says:

    I know what its like to feel like your in a whirlwind....but it sounds like you and Brad are really understanding for a wonderful employee...you don't find that everywhere....It's just further testimony of what's important in your life. Glad you are getting back to normal...I've been a bit out of it too and trying to get back there too....have a good one


  3. Joyce Says:

    Poor Londa! Undoubtedly she has explored all avenues of possible help, such as possible food allergies, accupressure (or accupuncture)? I do hope she is able to get to the basic cause of her problem.

    Sounds like you have been super busy, but surviving just fine!


  4. Tiffany Says:

    I'm a tough student too, thankfully God is so faithful to continue to teach us.
    Congrats to your daughter for being such a good swimmer and so thoughtful as well. What a sweet little girl!