Sarah

Special thanks to Sandra for hosting!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Hot, hot, hot. We were wishing for summer and we got it! Upper 80's today with high humidity. No breeze so it is warm. We've had a lot of rain to counter the heat thus far so that is a blessing.

One of my simple pleasures:
My ceiling fan in my bedroom. I love the stir of the breeze as I am ready to sleep, and it keeps the room tolerable throughout the night as we are on the 2nd floor.

On my bedside table:
I've been holding off on any new novels until vacation, at which time I plan to read the next 3 in the Neta Jackson prayer series. Right now I have my "Eating Well" magazine, and continuing with Animal, Vegetable, Mineral.

On my TV:
I actually sat down and watched the last 20 minutes of the US Open this morning. I so wanted Phil Mickelson to win - bummer!

On the menu for tonight:
Grilled turkey tenderloins, asparagus, blueberries and strawberries with yogurt
Tomorrow is split pea soup with ham even though it is HOT

On my To Do List:
Right now I have 29 things on my incomplete "to do" list - I didn't want to move to a second sheet of paper until I got a few things off this list! This list is the MUST DO things before we leave to go to the lake on Saturday.

New Recipe I tried last week:
Baked potato soup (so yummy!)
Crepes (rolled with fresh fruit/rhubarb sauce) I made them with whole wheat flour and they were really good that way as well!

In the craft basket:
Still gardening and working on our godchild's memorial box - photo to come once it is completed

Looking forward to:
The lake, the lake, the lake - need I say more? (Well, I will, but that will be another post!)

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Buy a pound of sausage in a roll and make your own patties. You can stretch it so much further, and have less of something unhealthy, but still get a taste of it...use turkey sausage to further reduce fat.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I have two this week. Bonnie speaks to keeping your eyes focused where they should be - UP...
And Karen speaks to the joys of summer, reflecting back to our childhood.

Favorite photo from last week:Brad got up early one day this week and found this pleasant surprise - a small window of opportunity to view a rainbow that actually was visible between storms.

Lesson learned the past few days:
Fathers are so special and an anchor in the family. I am blessed that the mate God chose for me is a wonderful Christian man, and a godly leader and father to our children.

On my Prayer List:
Friends from our church who lost their 8 month old yesterday to a heart condition.
Our pastor
Our military
My TJ, recovering from the flu
Our family, that we may all stay healthy

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
From yesterday's sermon. "Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord." Ephesians 6:4

I pray you all have a blessed day!
6 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    We have a boat and go to the lake often, which I love. Hope you have a great time.

    Love the photo!


  2. Barbara Says:

    I just love vacation...I hope yours in wonderful...it frees the mind to create and clears it to hear from God. Hope you have a blessed time.........


  3. Amy Says:

    I haven't heard of Neta Jackson... will have to check her out... so glad that you are getting some warmer weather! Yay!! It's isn't right to have people waving the "summer" word all around ya, when weather in your neck of the woods isn't cooperating! So glad that it is now! :)

    Hugs..A


  4. Bonnie Says:

    I'm so glad you liked the baked potato soup !! yummmmmy !! Wish I had the stuff to make it right now ! :)

    I'm getting ready to do my simple pleasures post .... took some photos for it last night !! :)


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Good luck with getting ready to go!
    Bring back lots of photos.


  6. Karen Says:

    A ceiling fan in the bedroom. . . that is on my wish list. Our household was disappointed for Phil Mickelson, too:( Thanks for the link:) I've enjoyed reading everyone's summer memories. Each comment has brought more memories to the forefront of my fuzzy memory. I should write another post!

    I'm anticipating a beach vacation in a couple weeks. There is nothing like a water vacation for those of us who are landlocked!

    I have to say again how much I love your blog design. I've not seen another like it.