Sarah
Today, we pulled off a bit of a surprise for my kiddos. My 8 year old niece was able to hitch a ride with my sister's friend, and arrive without warning, totally astonishing my children. The rendezvous took place at a local restaurant, with said niece walking in, with her hood pulled up over her head. She stopped at our table, and asked, "Is this seat taken?" Unfortunately, I had forgotten to bring my camera, or I would have had some great facial expressions of wonder, turned to joy, and surprise. My 8 year old lovingly calls her his twin, and they are inseparable when together, and count the days until they will be reunited when they are painfully torn apart. These two kiddos were meant to be 2 to 3 weeks apart in age, but an early birth by me, and a late one by my sis, caused them to be 6 weeks apart, and, as a result, in separate school years. But, it doesn't matter one iota for this pair, and I'm sure I will have many pictures from the week. But, in the meantime, here's a few from the past to share.







Now, it's 9:30pm and Aslan, Queen Lucy, Queen Susan, King Peter, and King Edmund all need to head into the house and get ready for bed! Oh, that's right - Aslan (our golden retriever) must stay out for the night.

I'm sure there will be more adventures tomorrow!

Labels: edit post
2 Responses
  1. Bonnie Says:

    oh my sarah, they are adorable. i love the photo of them in the sandpit. those are some impressive holes !!


  2. Tiffany Says:

    What a fun surprise!!! The pictures are so sweet. What a cute pair.