Sarah


Special thanks to Sandra for hosting!

On my bedside table:
In a Heartbeat by Sally Johns (good book!)
Lies Women Believe (last week of study, then I should really start over with it again!)
My bible

On my TV:
It's been off most of the summer so far except for Minnesota Twins games

On the menu for tonight:
Away baseball game so have to think of something we can do on the fly when we get home around 8-8:30...hmmm. I'm thinking crock pot to the rescue...

On my To Do List:
Weed the gardens
Complete registrations for football and 2nd season baseball
Menu and grocery planning

New Recipe I tried last week:
Blueberry pancakes

In the craft basket:
Still gardening - searching to make sure I am taking care of my herbs correctly

Looking forward to:
Going up to the lake in a few weeks, although the water is going to be COLD
Eating lettuce from the garden in a week or so if the sun breaks through

Homemaking Tip for this week:
I got nuthin'...nada...zip for ya this week! (Except that you can rinse out your dishwashing detergent bottle to get a couple of more washings - especially important when you are OUT of soap!)

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
This one hit me right between the eyes and maybe it will impact you the same way -

Favorite photo from last week:A very proud 11 year old mowing for the first time (note the thumbs up sign)

Lesson learned the past few days:
No matter how much you want to think you are in control, you are not. No matter how much you try to be in control, you will fail. You can fight it, or you can go along with it. Life will go much smoother if you roll with the changes.

On my Prayer List:
All our military families (this short video clip brought this to the forefront again this week)
Our pastor who shepherds the flock
My husband and children
Hurting families

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Our pastor preached on Matthew 28:18-20. What a challenge it is to go, with his authority, and make disciples. It is a command, not a suggestion. We are to observe this for our lifetime, not in certain situations, or when it is convenient, or when we feel so inclined, but always. What an awesome responsibility he has given to all of us.

Have a blessed week in the Lord!
5 Responses
  1. Christine Says:

    Can I add my to do list to your to do list? I mean really, why should we both be tired... Just asking...lol

    Love your list and love your friendship! Blessings on your week sweet sista! =O)


  2. Amy Says:

    Well hello to you!! I am laughing at your cute homemaking tip! LOL! I am ALWAYS at a loss for that one too, and have been tempted to just push delete on that one...lol!! Your so cute! It's a great tip, and it works!

    Have a beautiful night! Amy


  3. Bonnie Says:

    That post hit me right between the eyes as well ! I love Angie's blog and am ALWAYS inspired !!


  4. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    Just stopping by to read what you have to say, and to say, "Hi!" in return.

    I read the blog post you recommended. It's too bad that the lady who wrote the post has had bad experiences with other ladies being negative on her blog. I noticed that she has over 3,000 followers, though. More people are aware of her blog, which makes her a leader of sorts. Leaders can expect criticism. Perhaps it comes with the territory. I does sound like she wants to have compassion on others, no matter where she is.


  5. Jen Says:

    Very good list friend...love the picture too. Great photo.....