Sarah
A beautiful morning today, but it is only 42 degrees as I stand on my front porch and take this picture... The leaves are really starting to turn, but colder weather is coming so I am sure the color will be short lived. We're well below our normal temps, yet we still hold out hope that the temperatures will rebound and give us a few warm days yet in October. This guy, however, thinks his fur is not offering ample protection from the elements, so proceeds to block the entrance until someone (mainly me) lets him in the house.Little does he know, because we have yet to turn the heat on in this 60 degree ice chest, as flipping the thermostat to heat tends to admit defeat and a passive acceptance that the season of cold is here to stay. So, instead, we make accomodations. For instance, we broke down and put our heating blanket on our bed this week, by far the earliest introduction of this element compared to past seasons. It beckoned my middle child this morning, complete with Literature book, math book, and writing instruments.
My oldest also made the most of a warm, sunny spot on the floor, and, well, I'd show you a picture of it, but in the process of trying to upload it to my computer, my camera drivers crashed, and after working with Dell and locking up my entire computer, I now have a new part on its way along with a handy dandy service technician sometime in the next 48 hours. :) Archie, from Dell, was most helpful and I am soooooo thankful for warranties. I didn't tell him that maybe the parts in my computer froze up (literally) but did have to give him my cell phone number as an alternative way to reach me as I think our cordless phone batteries are being drained faster due to the temperature. :)

So, anyway, I'm way off schedule after my little computer escapade...Time to back up the photos because even a new computer can crash! Gotta go find my gloves, though, as my coffee has gotten cold and is no longer keeping my fingers warm - HA!

And, for the record, lest you think we are abusing our children by not turning on the heat, they are currently running around in shorts and claiming they are too hot in the basement. Oh, to have the metabolism of a child.
Labels: edit post
3 Responses
  1. Tiffany Says:

    I am seriously green with envy. Our temps today are unseasonably hot--94 degrees in the high but the weatherman was nice enough to inform us that it will "feel like" 102. Yeah. I'm not happy. I'm soooo over being hot and sweating. Seriously over it.
    On a more positive note--the view from your front porch is just beautiful!!! Can I come visit???


  2. Unknown Says:

    Burrr....you actually make it sound like fun to be cold. Hopefully, you don't have to turn the heater on for good for a few more weeks :)


  3. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    We're getting chilly weather already, too: 38 degrees this morning. We've used the wood stove a few times already, and I did turn up the heat this morning, too.

    Sounds like you all are keeping cozy, anyhow!