Sarah

Special thanks to Sandra for hosting!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cool and crisp morning...it's been much colder than normal here but today should be perfect - in the low 60's.

One of my simple pleasures:
Dark chocolate - GOOD dark chocolate...AND taking the time to enjoy it

On my bedside table:
What a Girl Wants by Kristin Billerbeck = funny!

On my TV:
Way behind on Dancing with the Stars so we will most likely delete
We have only been able to keep up with Survivor and Top Chef - that's all we've been watching

On the menu for tonight:
Football games tonight so I have to figure out something quick and easy - suppose I'll put some soup in the crockpot

On my To Do List:
So much on this list - Brad was a tremendous help this weekend even though he wasn't feeling good. I have had back spasms for three days and they are finally better today. So, the grandiose ideas for the nice weekend kind of went down the drain. Need to prioritize and get some things done today, but still take it easy

New Recipe I tried last week:
I tried a polenta lasagna last night from a magazine - okay, but not enough to make again
Also made the pioneer woman's red potatoes
Homemade fajita mix

In the craft basket:
Buttons to sew on some pants

Looking forward to:
Get together for women at church tomorrow night
Also, looking forward to having my back be at 100% - pain is so mind consuming

Homemaking Tip for this week:
I discovered that my dishwasher, which is next to my sink, kicks off a lot of heat during the drying cycle - enough heat that it may affect the flavor of my extra items that I store under the sink - olive oil in particular. I had never thought of how warm it would get under there, so now I have to find a new spot for those items!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I didn't get as many read this week as I usually do

Favorite photo from last week:

Lesson learned the past few days:
Middle school years are rocked with changes in mood and behavior. Many times, you just have to sit and listen and wait for the rant to end.

On my Prayer List:
My family
My pastor
The military

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Brad and I are facilitating a very powerful class this year called Living by the Book. It shows how to really get into God's Word and study it. The bible is really coming alive. I was particularly moved this week by Isaiah 55 as it speaks to joy and hope beyond our current every day circumstances. God has a plan for us, and whether it is involving joy, or pain, he is faithful and true.

Have a great day!
5 Responses
  1. Jen Says:

    Hubby and I have heard of that study "Living by the Book". Would you recomend it? It looks good. I love the picture. Have a great week.


  2. Bonnie Says:

    Yeah ... I love that photo too !


  3. Jodi Says:

    What a cute photo!



  4. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    The study that you and Brad are leading sounds excellent! God, our Creator and Redeemer, is certainly the One by whose book we should live.

    I hope your back is feeling 100% soon. <3