Sarah

Special thanks to Sandra for hosting!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Beautiful. Crisp, cool, sunny morning. Should be getting up to 50+ degrees and it is sunny - first time in a LONG time!

One of my simple pleasures:
Reading blogs with a cup of coffee and not feeling guilty or getting interrupted. (Rarely happens, but that makes it even more of a pleasure!)

On my bedside table:
Living By the Book bible study
Kristin Billerbeck - Ashley Stockingdale series

On my TV:
Lots of DWTS that I believe we will delete as we are so far behind
We'll watch Top Chef and Survivor this week

On the menu for tonight:
Still planning, but I am thinking we should grill as it should be up to 54 degrees

On my To Do List:
Menu planning
Cleaning off my desk
Finish going through TJ's clothes
Organize pantry cupboard and kitchen

New Recipe I tried last week:
Whenever I use them, I should write them down, b/c I tried a couple this week - I'll have to get back to you!

In the craft basket:
Ugh. Nothing right now...

Looking forward to:
Seeing how TJ's play practice goes - She got the part of Gladys Hermdon in The Best Little Christmas Pageant Ever at our local theatre...they have 6 performances before Christmas so the schedule will be intense. She starts practice today!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Play games with your children to make cleaning fun. We used a job jar this week with a reward at the end, when the jobs were finished.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Too many to choose from this week.

Favorite photo from last week:We were sorting through some clothes this week and came across some leather pants and a jacket that had been given to TJ. Funny how the persona changes as soon as she put them on...

Lesson learned the past few days:
These middle school years are a roller coaster of emotions - changing multiple times within the hour at times. Patience as parents is so important right now!

On my Prayer List:
My family
My pastor
Friends who have lost loved ones
The military

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
We studied one of my favorites this week again, from Romans 5... 1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. 2Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, 4and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, 5and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Have a great week!
6 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    that picture is hilarious. Thanks for commenting on my blog. have a blessed week!


  2. Jodi Says:

    What a fun picture.


  3. Jen Says:

    Are you liking "Living by the Book"? Hubby and I saw that on Christian books and was wondering how it was. Love the picture! Have a great week.


  4. Sandra Says:

    What a cute picture :)

    I haven't watched DWTS this season, just never got into it.


  5. Tiffany Says:

    Sooooo funny that you are going to grill because it will be a warm 54 degrees. If it were 54 degrees here we would all be hunkered down staying in the house drinking hot chocolate because it is so cold.
    Congrats to your daughter for her part in Christmas Pageant. That would be such a fun play to do!
    My ten year old has already started the roller coaster emotions...ugh!!! I am praying for wisdom.


  6. Melanie Says:

    I am woefully behind on a lot of the reality shows as well although I do try to keep up with The Biggest Loser. Love the photo! Have a lovely week.