Sarah
Raise your hand if you are sick and tired of me telling you all how busy I am...Yeah, I see you all raising them and waving them frantically. I feel like I've been ranting and raving about the shortage of time in a day, and I'm doggone tired of complaining. I'm picking myself up by my boot straps and knockin' it off. Eeyore, step aside...I'm turning into Winnie the Pooh.

Well, not really. And, most likely, I'll keep complaining. But, not today. I'm just stopping in to say hello, and hopefully, if all goes well, barring unforeseen circumstances, I will soon be back to my regular blogging schedule. :) Not that there is one, but more often than once or twice a week is my goal.

You see, I love to write - I really do. I love to share my random thoughts and struggles. Because, I am real - a real wife, mother, woman, friend, sister, daughter, aunt, Christian, teacher, and bonafide nut case sometimes. :) But, I know there are many of you out there who can relate, and I am blessed to have found such wonderful "friends" through the internet...I'm looking forward to sharing more with you and growing together.

We started school this past Monday, which is a whole post in itself. But, I am going to reserve judgement for a week, and by then I will be sure to have a whole gamut of things to say. So far, all is well, and the attitude in the household has been positive - even from ME! :) We're still finding our wings in our current grade levels and know we are getting some of the kinks out. But, I am confident this will be a great year for all of us.

I put up 14 quarts of quartered tomatoes this afternoon and hope to get to the Roma ones tomorrow. Thinking about freezing them as I ran out of quart jars - that hasn't happened to me in years! I'm too cheap to go buy new, so I may scrounge around with my mom and sis and see if they have any to send my way...see if I can limp through for a bit until then. ;) Seriously, freezing is an option so I need to research it a bit more. Now that I have my handy dandy food saver, I am more apt to put something in the freezer knowing that the freezer burn won't be an issue.

Well, I've had a full day and still have a couple of things left to check off. I hope to see you all soon and make the rounds again to visit you as well. Bonnie, again, THANK YOU for your info on Google reader...life has not been the same since.

A couple of pictures to leave you with tonight...

Camo - the color of fun

Little TJ on the Prairie




There are no words...

Have a great day!
7 Responses
  1. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah!
    I enjoy your busy posts very much, and don't detect any complaining. :)

    Congratulations on a successful start to the home school year, and so much canning accomplished.


  2. Joyce Says:

    I also nominated you for an award, Sarah: http://joyce.taron.net/honest-scrap-award/


  3. Bonnie Says:

    there may not be words but there is plenty of laughter ... :)


  4. Unknown Says:

    Bless you, Sarah! You made me smile!


  5. Angie Says:

    Thanks for stopping by my first day back. I have missed our emails too! Wow, that is a huge loss to deal with in such a short time span. I pray your wounds heal. Have a great day and it sounds like you need to breathe! You busy thing!

    hugs and smiles


  6. Karen Says:

    14 quarts! How nice to have your own canned tomatoes in the pantry. The pictures of your kids are great -- the last one just cracked me up!


  7. Melanie Says:

    Thank you for sharing the photos. You're right about the last one - no words could explain! Have a lovely weekend.