Sarah

Special thanks to Sandra for hosting!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Beautiful morning - for August, this is going to be a cool day with temps in the low 80's.

One of my simple pleasures:
Reading blog posts of my friends - and not feeling guilty about taking the time to do it AND writing blog posts and being okay with the time it takes to do so!

On my bedside table:
Water glass
Various books

On my TV:
Haven't had a chance to watch much this summer - but looking forward to Top Chef

On the menu for tonight:
Veggies from the garden - always a staple this time of year
Need to find a protein in the freezer! :)

On my To Do List:
Too long and extensive to list

New Recipe I tried last week:
YUM - I tried this Peach Crisp from Pioneer Woman

In the craft basket:
Still canning and freezing veggies...tomatoes are just starting

Looking forward to:
Getting my school room cleaned before school starts

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Read a tip this week about making breadcrumbs by putting bread into the microwave for three minutes - DON'T DO IT! Burned the bread and my house STILL smells like smoke!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Love reading blogs, but this week I did it in a big hurry

Favorite photo from last week:
A taste of summer

Lesson learned the past few days:
Think first - speak second. Enough said.

On my Prayer List:
Our pastor and family
Our military leaders
My children

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Working on keeping my eyes upon Jesus - Love the trust Peter has in Jesus as he walks across the water, but how quickly we fail when we take our eyes off the source of our light, comfort, and peace...Matthew 14:22-31.

Have a great Monday!
5 Responses
  1. Kari Says:

    Great that you will have cool weather for the day.
    I love the picture and your lesson learned - well 'nuff said.
    Happy Day and week to you.


  2. Oh a lovely post. I wish I was where you are cooler weather, and summer veggies! My tomatoes are done but we are planting some for fall. BTW I love your layout. It is just great. I really enjoyed reading your post. I'll be back.
    Have a Blessed Week,
    Sherry


  3. Bonnie Says:

    which pioneer woman recipe did you try ? i've tried a few and loved them all !


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Your garden sounds absolutely fabulous! And I set my DVR last week to record Top Chef. Can't wait!!


  5. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    It's a pleasure to stop by to visit your blog, too. Happy birthday to your dear husband.