Sarah

Thanks to Sandra for hosting!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
The weather has been so GORGEOUS this summer...today is going to hit 86 degrees but will cool down later in the day with some thunderstorms.

One of my simple pleasures:
The first, juicy tomato straight from the garden with a little salt. YUMMY!

On my bedside table:
Eating Well magazine
My bible
Three new books from the library, yet to be started
An empty Advil PM canister

On my TV:
Top Chef started a new season so that is all that we have on - we watch it LATE on Wednesday nights - 11pm date for me my hubby.

On the menu for tonight:
Time to do the weekly planning - tonight is chicken on the grill with fresh veggies

On my To Do List:
We're starting school today and my list is still pretty long - top couple of things are to continue to get things organized for school (I hate starting when I'm not completely ready) and canning tomatoes will probably hit this week as well

New Recipe I tried last week:
I tried a couple of new ones - but BLT's and gazpacho hit the spot this week!

In the craft basket:
Still gardening

Looking forward to:
Lifelight concert Labor Day weekend - Newsboys!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Canning jars with lids make great (and pretty!) holders for things such as herbs.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
You know, once again, so many good posts this week that I am not going to pick a favorite

Favorite photo from last week:Might not have been last week, but close...poor kid doesn't have a tee to practice from, so he made his own!

Lesson learned the past few days:
It's never all going to get done, so pick and choose, and then live!

On my Prayer List:
Our pastor and family
Our church
Our family for a good school year

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
I used this recently, but am thinking about this for our theme verse this year in school...Romans 5:3-5 "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

Have a great day!
7 Responses

  1. Tiffany Says:

    I love the lesson learned..."it's not all going to get done.."
    That is so true! Thanks for the reminder.
    I hope you have a great school week. I am still waiting for some curriculum so we will start next week. One more week...


  2. Sarah Says:

    that's the lesson i live by :) i love how you garden! have a great hhm!


  3. Amy Says:

    ha ha! Love that Tball invention! CReative and did the job!
    Ok, there is just nothing like a fresh picked tomato with a little salt.. oh my lordie.. melt and gone to heaven!
    I hear ya on the organized part BEFORE school starts.. I am having the same issue this year too.. but o la wella! Got to start. :)
    Did you love that gazpacho recipe from PW?? I saw that, and have not tried it yet.. it looks heavenly!!!

    Love your heart always, my Sarah friend! Always breathing life and inspiration to me! Hugs.. Amy


  4. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    I especially enjoyed your 'Lesson Learned'! It seems to me that you certainly get a lot done, though!


  5. Sandra Says:

    Now THAT is a great lesson :)


  6. Barbara Says:

    I enjoyed your post. I used to love canning, especially when my kids were home. I don't do as much now, but I loved canning tomatoes and green beans...there is nothing like fresh.