Sarah

Special thanks to Sandra for hosting!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
What a gorgeous morning - started out below 50 degrees, heading towards 75 degrees. Feels like fall!

One of my simple pleasures:
Warm slippers on a cool morning
Sleeping with the window open
Quiet, peaceful evenings

On my bedside table:
The Secret, Beverly Lewis
The Simple Faith of Mr. Rogers: Spiritual Insights from the World's Most Beloved Neighbor, Amy Hollingsworth

On my TV:
Top Chef on Wednesdays - right now it is the only thing we watch...although I haven't been too pumped about it the past few weeks

On the menu for tonight:
Want to try something new, so need to search the recipe books a bit...really want sushi but don't have a bamboo mat yet...imagine, I can't find one in this town!

On my To Do List:
Pick beans
Stay on top of laundry this week
Clean one room a day this week, particularly the kitchen (a girl can dream, can't she?)

New Recipe I tried last week:
Pickle relish(Just look away when you're adding all the sugar!!)
Oatmeal wheat bread (Yum!)I actually made it from scratch and appreciate how it doubles as a work out for my triceps when I knead the dough!

In the craft basket:
Beans, beans, more beans...they keep a comin'
Tomatoes - not as many, but they are keeping me busy as well

Looking forward to:
Lifelight this upcoming weekend...Lincoln Brewster and Newsboys are topping my list

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Um, make sure the blender cap is on securely before starting...

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
My friend Missy had a great post this past week that I feel compelled to share with all of you...don't WAIT - read it now...

Favorite photo from last week:Camping in our backyard...

Lesson learned the past few days:
I have built in knee jerk reactions to many triggers...I need to learn to retrain them and think first, then act in love

On my Prayer List:
Those torn apart within their own church due to recent decisions
Our pastor, who commits to preaching the Truth
Our children, as they grow up in this crazy world, that God will be their all in all

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
But He said, "On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the world of God and observe it." Luke 11:28

Have a great day!
7 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    WE have the same concerns over the church here, such a need for prayer in these tough times when people are untrustful and then feel betrayed by their brothers and sisters in Christ.
    Still need a babmboo mat???? Leave a comment on my blog and I think I can help you out with that!


  2. Jodi Says:

    The Secret is good! Happy Monday!


  3. Tiffany Says:

    Happy Monday! I love your "Happy Homemaker"--I am looking for some sort of new meme to do on Mondays, maybe I'll try this one. I really want to customize my own but that takes some brain power.
    I wish it felt like Fall here. Oatmeal wheat bread sounds good. I have bought a 6 gallon thing of wheat and I plan to grind it at a friend's and then start making bread.
    Love the homemaking tip...


  4. Karen Says:

    Great post! Love the camping in the backyard photo. We're having early fall weather here as well. It does make it nice for sleeping with the windows open!


  5. Kari Says:

    Great HHM!! I really like your picture, that is so cool that you can make a fire in your backyard.

    I think this is a time where we really need to be praying for our churches and the congregations.

    Happy Week.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks for the link! :-) Love the camping picture - can't wait til we can start camping again - we're not diehard enough to go with the babies this young!


  7. Anonymous Says:

    no sub for the mat, more along the lines of a little gift, drop me a line and we can chat about it, i mean it, i can spread some love to my bloggy friends while i am stuck at home....