Sarah
Thanks to Sandra for hosting!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cloudy, cool, with a lot of dampness in the air. It has been one of the most beautiful weeks of summer so far, but I will be happy to see a bit of rain

One of my simple pleasures:
Reading all the blog posts from my friends

On my bedside table:
Dust

On my TV:
Nada

On the menu for tonight:
Fresh veggies - beans, summer squash, beets, pea pods - probably a stir fry of sorts

On my To Do List:
Oh, the list is long and the time short:
VBS registration
VBS adult seminar promotion
JT's birthday this week - planning and executing!
Cleaning
Fertilizing the garden
Picking, weeding...

New Recipe I tried last week:
I made oodles of cookies as it was cooler and wanted to get some in the freezer for the hot days of summer - I tried a new peanut butter cookie recipe, but I thought they were kind of dry

In the craft basket:
Any and all things garden

Looking forward to:
VBS being over

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Keep vegetables longer by not washing until you need them

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Didn't have much chance to read any this week

Favorite photo from last week:My professional "bean stemmers"

Lesson learned the past few days:
There is never enough time in the day... :)
And, a good night's sleep always helps for a new perspective

On my Prayer List:
My husband and family
My pastor and family
Our military

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Psalm 19 - God's beauty is evident in everything - we just need to take the time to look around and notice it!

Have a great day - hope to find more time to blog soon!
4 Responses
  1. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,

    I especially enjoyed the photo you shared. Seeing your children help with the food processing work brings back so many lovely memories of the children helping willingly with whatever we were working on. They knew I needed their help, and they learned to give it cheerfully.

    Your dinner plans sound delicious and nutritious. :)


  2. Jen Says:

    I too have been working the garden...you have many more beans than I got though...lol...wow that was alot of beans. I'm coming out of the woodwork with tomatoes though....alot of them..too bad we dont live close to swap out.
    VBS....seems like a dream with me.


  3. Amy Says:

    Hi my Sarah friend! ha ha! I love your bean stemmer pic!! Too tooo cute!! They look absolutely thrilled to be de-stemming... lol!

    Hoping for some rain for you too.. we finally got a great outpour last night after weeks of the muggys :)

    Hugs.. Amy


  4. Karen Says:

    I've enjoyed getting caught up with your blog. Your family vacation sounds wonderful! I can relate to your comment about all the coffee. I drank more coffee on our road trip than I have in a year. I'm weaning myself back to one cup a day. The photos of the beach are absolutely beautiful.

    Your garden is impressive, and what a gift for your kids to be able to participate in the harvest!

    Oh, and happy birthday to JT:)