Sarah
Special thanks to Sandra for hosting!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Rainy and cooler - perfect for a blanket and a book

One of my simple pleasures:
Um, see first question... a blanket and a book :)

On my bedside table:
Food Matters by Mark Bittman (from the library, but I'm going to buy my own copy)

On my TV:
On the DVR - Survivor (if they reran it Sat night like they said) and DWTS starts tonight. Top Chef on Wednesday - it's fall tv watching time!

On the menu for tonight:
If the football game gets rained out, we'll have Tator tot hotdish; otherwise sandwiches on the go

On my To Do List:
Office organization
Work catch-up
Laundry today - LOTS of it

New Recipe I tried last week:
YUM! Amish brown bread from Evening Shade Morning Latte; Veggie Frittata from Food Matters

In the craft basket:
Still gardening...

Looking forward to:
Well, is it too early to look forward to Friday?

Homemaking Tip for this week:
I've said it before and I'll say it again...Put a piece of saran wrap down on a plate before putting raw meat on it to grill. After placing on grill, remove wrap and plate is clean for when you remove it from the grill

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I'm leaving this one blank this week because I can't find the post I was looking for - and, I branched off of someone's blog to a new one and now can't find that one either!!

Favorite photo from last week:Our first dig found this sweet potato! Half of it fed our family last night for supper!

Lesson learned the past few days:
Involve your children in what you are doing - put margin in your day to make sure you have the time to teach and assist

On my Prayer List:
All of our new bible study leaders at our church
Our pastor
My family

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Psalm 119 has been on our minds and hearts this week, particularly v 18: "Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of they law."

Have a wonderful week!
6 Responses
  1. Jodi Says:

    A blanket and a book sounds great! That's a huge sweet tater!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Huge sweet tato! Blanket and a book, always good friends.


  3. That sweet potato looks delicious


  4. Karen Says:

    Great homemaking tip. So simple. Why didn't I think of that?

    Sweet potatoes are my favorite! Wow, looks like you could feed a family of six with this one.


  5. Jen Says:

    I havent had tater tot hot dish in forever....sounds like a busy yet fun week....enjoy!


  6. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    I enjoyed stopping by for a quick visit this morning.

    That is one hunkin' sweet potato! We've never grown them. Do they require a warmer, drier climate than ours in the Pacific Northwest?

    Hope you have a lovely week. :)