Sarah
Special thanks to Sandra for hosting!
The weather in my neck of the woods:
Going to be warm today - seems like we have had more of summer in September than we did the entire month of August.

One of my simple pleasures:
A guilt free nap on a Sunday afternoon - haven't had one (the nap) in eons, so am hoping when the weather turns colder I can put one into the schedule - (how sad is that - to have to schedule a nap???)

On my bedside table:
Food Matters - Mark Bittman
A Cousin's Prayer - Wanda Brunstetter

On my TV:
Top Chef every Wednesday night (my weekly date with my dh for the late night showing)
Survivor starts this week (although, it looks like a lot of eye candy)

On the menu for tonight:
Football games tonight so food on the fly - sandwiches and soup

On my To Do List:
Can/freeze all the tomatoes in my garage that I picked on Tuesday

New Recipe I tried last week:
Granola
Pioneer Woman's Steak with Blue Cheese

In the craft basket:
I have some buttons to sew on and some animals to repair due to to much lovin'

Looking forward to:
The boys playing flag football tonight
Getting the tomatoes canned

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Glass jars make great containers for reusable items from the health foods store...nuts, lentils, wheat berries - can see how low you are at a glance.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I love the outlook of Bella-Mella...her son was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor over the past week, and what a witness they have been so far. And, they show how everything is in God's timing. Read back through the past posts, and experience their story - Andrew is fighting the good fight. Won't you join me in praying for them as well?

Favorite photo from last week:Our view from the kayak

Lesson learned the past few days:
Satan wants you to think one thing, when indeed an issue may be stemming from something entirely different. He may want you to not see the obvious, because you may focus then on something even more detrimental or something that will further HIS work and deceit. Always be on guard and in prayer.

On my Prayer List:
My church and pastor
My spouse and many things weighing on his mind
My family, that we may bring up our children to be lights in a dark world
Andrew
The families of the 9/11 tragedies

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Psalm 91 was of particular comfort this week as the 9/11 tragedies were being remembered. It is comforting to know that we have a God that is never changing, and always by our side. He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, who abides in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress: my God, in whom I trust." verse 1-2

Have a great week!
4 Responses
  1. Jodi Says:

    "A Cousin's Prayer" is a good book. Your picture is beautiful! Happy Monday!


  2. Leigh Says:

    Wow! Love the picture! Care to share your granola recipe?


  3. Happy Homeamaker Monday, I got a Sunday afternoon nap in yesterday and it was sooo nice.


  4. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    The view from your kayak photo is so lovely.

    We have had a 'summery' September, too; so lovely. Still, some leaves are changing color, and we're looking forward to autumn. :)