Sarah
When you teach your kids at home, sometimes you just get so excited when your kids "get it"...you know, when something you have taught seems to really be integrated into their knowledge base. JT, your answer yesterday to one of your literature questions helped me to really see that you got it, and I'm so proud of you for taking the extra time on your assignments and striving to always do your best. It is evident in how you write. A year ago, you would cry and complain if asked to write a single paragraph. Today, you write paragraphs with a descriptive style that is fascinating. You take the time to do your work well. You are wise beyond your years and I love how you are thorough in so many areas of your life. Keep it up, dear one.

I want you to remember what you wrote, here and now, at the tender age of 8. So, I'm going to put it in this note, so you and others can see the talents God has given you. Never lose sight of where those talents come from!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


Your response:
You broke a vase while you're all alone. The door opens as your mom walks in. She saw the vase. You could lie or you take the hard way. Its like the kind of choice in the road less traveled. Lying is the road trampled and worn because most people took it and then you wouldn't get trusted. Take the one less traveled by - that would make you feel good and be trusted.

Love you JT...
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    It's so cool when we see our children maturing and you actually realize that they have been listening to you!
    Good for JT!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    This has always been one of my all time Robert Frost Poems. I love how your son interpreted it as well. I think you must be doing something right mom! Very sweet.