Sarah

Special thanks to Sandra for hosting!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Beautiful - sunny and cool. Upper 50's today.

One of my simple pleasures:
The "heel" of the bread shortly after I remove it from the oven.
I use this recipe and seem to bake this yummy bread every Monday.

On my bedside table:
Same Kind of Different as Me - excellent book! I can't remember who recommended it to me, but thanks!!

On my TV:
Well, we're already behind on Dancing with the Stars so probably will just click delete and start fresh tonight. Additionally, we watch Top Chef on Wednesday evenings as a date with my spouse, and Survivor has restarted...I'm not a big fan of the people on it this time so far...and I hate all the conflict.

On the menu for tonight:
Finally have tonight's meal in process - Ground beef stroganoff in the crock pot for when we get home from football.

On my To Do List:
Just finished schooling the boys with a bit to finish with TJ yet. However, we have frost coming this evening so we're going to head up and clean off the remainder of the garden. Hoping to keep the peppers going though so will cover them this eve.

New Recipe I tried last week:
Thanks to Leigh for this yummy one! Crock pot Cheesy Shredded Pork Tacos...

In the craft basket:
Can beans, start putting away all the garden stuff...

Looking forward to:
Hmmm. A little getaway maybe in two weeks?

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Your kids can do windows... :)

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Karen always seems to hit the nail on the head, and I particularly enjoyed this post...

Favorite photo from last week:Signs that we're getting towards the end of the growing season...harvesting some BIG sweet potatoes (well, just one)

Lesson learned the past few days:
Prayer and trust can keep the demons away...Satan knows where your weaknesses are so stay on the offensive and ward him off at the pass.

On my Prayer List:
My pastor, that he may stay strong and healthy while he shepherds the flock
My marriage, that I can be a godly wife
My kids, that they will grow to love the Lord each and every day
Brad and I, that we can minister to those around us of God's love and faithfulness

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
This struck me yesterday during my pastor's sermon...(Well, lots of things struck me, but this one in particular)..."As the Philistine moved closer to attack him, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet him." I Samuel 17:48 Goliath sauntered with such confidence and pride, while David RAN to meet him - he didn't cower, he didn't fear, he didn't hesitate, he RAN. David was a hero...we need to be heroes in our own life, each and every day, running to the possibilities that God has placed in front of us!

Have a great week!
7 Responses
  1. Jodi Says:

    I am behind on DWTS too. I will try again this week.


  2. Leigh Says:

    So glad you the liked the pork recipe!


  3. Jen Says:

    Good week...your stroganoff after football sounds awesome too. A warm meal after sitting int he cool temps...we have cool temps this week too.


  4. Thanks for the cheesy port crock pot recipe. These days are much colder and my family is in many directions in the evening. I just love to use my crock pot in this weather.


  5. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    I enjoy my virtual visits here at your blog. Your pastor's admonition is a blessing to me, too.

    Hope you have a wonderful week.


  6. Melanie Says:

    I'm very behind DWTS. It looks like it will be good this year but I can only follow it very sporadically. Enjoyed your post today!


  7. Tiffany Says:

    I'm jealous of your cool temps! It only got up to about 85 today and we were thrilled!!
    And you're right--kids can do windows!! I'll have to remember that...