Sarah
I have decided, that if you ever want to know where your kids are, just go to the bathroom. In this house, 9 out of 10 times I go to the bathroom, within mere seconds a child will knock on the door with a comment, question, or deep need of something DIRELY important (in their mind at least). However, right now, all children are out of the house, and I have a few moments to ponder, reflect, and just sit. But, instead, I have been trying to quick empty the dishwasher, load it back up again, clean the counter, chang into something besides my most comfortable yoga pants, so I can head down to visit quick with Brad's aunt, who is visiting at my in-laws down the street. Two of my three children have walked down already, and the third is out with daddy for a bit of a date.

But, here I sit. Here I am, in between jobs...tasks that need to be completed - not even really in between, because the dishwasher sits open, in a state of transition - just emptied, ready for loading. But, the computer beckoned, and off I went to see what it had in store for me. I watched a little video, clicked "like" to a couple of items, starred a recipe to use in the future, and got an update from Bella Mella regarding her son, Andrew. Which prompts me to stop, right now, and pray, for a few moments. He's young, and battling cancer. It just hits me right in the stomach. Probably because I have been imagining it being my oldest, and I wonder if I would be a witness to my Lord and Savior through it all. Would I be able to comfort my son through the agony of treatment? Would my son feel the comfort of Jesus? Would others see Jesus through me?

I'm taking some moments to reflect on that, and pray.

Oh, and I'm also going to thank the Lord for the health he has given to us. What little things befall us each and every day that cause my mood to swing, or give me a "poor me" attitude. They are nothing in the grand scheme of things. We are blessed. I know it. I just don't always show it.

I'm going to reflect on that as well.

It's the best use of my time in these few moments I have, right now.

Won't you take a few moments to do the same?
3 Responses
  1. Karen Says:

    Such a beautiful, reflective post. Thank you for the invitation to do the same. It's so easy to let the day get away from me.


  2. Christine Says:

    Taking time right here....right now. Thank you for posting this, and you're right about it being the best use of our time.


  3. Melanie Says:

    Ah yes, I remember those days. The other trigger is to get on the phone with someone. Suddenly they have all sorts of questions and problems creep up. I kinda miss those days.