Sarah
The days are sailing by, and I think it is partly due to the strong winds that we've been inundated with for the past week or so. However, the past two have been amazingly calm and, dare I say it, PERFECT! If I could have these types of days 364 of the year (with one day of snow thrown in for good measure) I'd be happy. :)

We've been working on putting some items into our small garden beds - the earliest I have EVER done that. So far, I have lettuce, radishes, carrots, onions, and shallots planted. I'm heading into town this afternoon to get one more lettuce packet, peas, and beets. Broccoli will be added in about a month. That will complete our lower garden beds, and we'll have to switch to the upper bed (the large one) in a couple of weeks. That one will hold beans, peppers, zucchini, cucumbers, and multiple tomato varieties. I am all for eating fresh, local, unprocessed, and healthy, so whatever we can do to help us in that area is worth the work. That sentence is such a loaded one - with so many blogging opportunities...just wish I had unlimited time to share my thoughts.

As it is, I'm off to town for a library visit, nursery trip, park stop, and a church meeting. It's too nice to be inside and typing so here is a bit of spring (courtesy of California) to close this out.

Take care!
Labels: edit post
4 Responses
  1. Tiffany Says:

    Your garden sounds wonderful! I wish I had more of a green thumb but gardening is so not my thing. Every year I think I'll just start a small little patch and try to keep up with that first. But, I never do. My husband does some gardening so we do get some fresh produce. Fruit trees are really his specialty though.


  2. Joyce Says:

    Hi Sarah,
    We have our garden area prepared but nothing put in yet. We'll get something in really soon here, but it still gets below 40 sometimes at night. We've been having nonstop rain the past few days, too.

    Your garden sounds like it will be delicious. :)


  3. Happy Gramma Says:

    You have a beautiful blog... wonderful thoughts and verses.
    The Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you....
    Come visit me @
    www.happyfamilyhappykids.blogspot.com


  4. Christine Says:

    Your garden sounds delicious! Missed you.