Sarah

I just can't believe how time is flying by. In less than three weeks, TJ will be Gladys Herdman in six performances of The Best Little Christmas Pageant Ever. In four weeks, it will be Christmas. In six weeks, it will be JD's birthday. In ten weeks, we will be going on vacation. From my experience, those ten weeks are going to FLY by. My goodness, it takes my breath away just thinking about it! It's going to be hairy! (Sorry, I couldn't resist)


Kind of like this past week! Here's a summary:
-Enjoyed time and work with my mom, who came out for Thanksgiving
-Hosted 14 people from Brad's family for Thanksgiving dinner - yummy!
-Played, ate, and relished the company of my sister and her family from Friday until Sunday
-Eased my sore muscles after flag football with my mean old nieces and nephew
-Took two walks as the weather was gorgeous
-Put up the tree, decorated outside and in
-Watched the Vikings win
-Thought about Christmas shopping
-Contemplated Christmas lists

Seems like more, but that is the nutshell. Now, we are in the push to Christmas. I don't want it to be a push. I want it to be a gentle stroll with lots to look at, enjoy, and ponder along the way. It's going to be a challenge with all that we have going on, but I'm bound and determined to not let Christmas pass us by. We're still going to have school, but I'm going to significantly limit my computer time. As much as I like to blog and write to have an outlet, I will PLAN on having it be intermittent over the next few weeks. That way, if I plan to be intermittent, I won't have an expectation to get 'er done, kwim?

So, I'll be hopping back on here now and again, so don't completely forget about me. :) In the meantime, I pray you can focus on the true meaning of Christmas and take time to enjoy the season.

Until next time...

(Oh, and I didn't forget about my promised Proverbs 31 follow up...thanks to all of you who responded! I will definitely be posting my thoughts someday soon)

5 Responses
  1. Karen Says:

    Sarah, I love what you said about Advent being a gentle stroll. That is my goal, too! And I thought about taking a blogging break, but like you I'm going to just post occasionally instead.

    The DVDs I was referring to is a PBS series called The National Parks, America's Best Idea, and it's by Ken Burns. I'm sure you could find it on amazon.


  2. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and as usual will continue to be very busy.

    As you're busy with your family in the real world, this blogging buddy won't forget about you. :) Savor the time with your dear, busy family.


  3. Barbara Says:

    Sounds like a busy schedule but vacation is coming...that's wonderful. Strolling thru the season seems like a wonderful idea...I could stand to slow things down too. Have a blessed week!


  4. Melanie Says:

    Hi, Sarah, Hope you are enjoying the Christmas season. So many wonderful things to do and it speeds by so quickly! Have a lovely weekend!


  5. Christine Says:

    The fun never ends! Sounds like you, as busy as all of this was, had a wonderful time and what fun new memories you have all created together.