Sarah
Well, sort of. I make no promises. ;) I can't believe I haven't posted since January. Life has flown by. I literally have no time in my day to blog, but would love to carve some back in, if possible. I miss writing, miss the conversations, miss the creative outlet.

I could bore you to tears with what has been going on, but it basically can be summarized in one word - life. Life is going on...and I'm trying to stay on the ride! Late December and early January hit me hard with the realization that I needed to really change some things with how we were schooling. I felt like my oldest child wasn't really doing the work up to his potential, so the freedom I had given him was reigned in a bit, which essentially means that I need to have my hand in his subjects more than I had. My second child, who is also doing 6th grade work, is keeping up pretty well, but I want it to still be fun for him. Vocab and advanced Earth Science make him work, which is good because everything comes easy for him. So, we're working on study skills and slowing down a bit with vocab (I don't even know some of these words, and I fancy myself a bit of a wordsmith!). Finally, Miss TJ is plugging away at a first and second grade combination, so there is plenty of hands on time for her. So, what I am trying to say is that my hands-on teacher time has increased dramatically since Christmas due to some schooling changes, so my daytime hours are completely filled with school. While I still love teaching my kiddos, I feel more time invested than ever before, and it is oozing into other areas, leaving little room for extras. :)

Anyway, I have so much to write, but I make no promises as to when I will do so. I admire my fellow blogging friends who are able to get something down each day. I'd love to do the same, but we'll just take it one day at a time.

To close for today, in honor of my niece, I am posting a few pictures of her...She reminds me here and there how long it has been since I've posted something - so, surprise, Martha! You are a beautiful girl, inside and out. You are so special to me! Thanks for your patience!




Have a great day!
Labels: edit post
4 Responses
  1. Bee Jay Says:

    Great to see you back. I can understand life just sometimes 'gets in our way' doesn't it but your family are your biggest investment and all too soon they will have grown and flown the coop (figuratively speaking) - so enjoy your time with them and blog when you can.
    Bless you!


  2. Barbara Says:

    It is great to see you blogging again......I was becoming very concerned about you! Your niece is a doll! Look forward to more to come...when you can squeeze in a few minutes! I have a total new blog look since you've been gone. Have a blessed week!


  3. Karen Says:

    Welcome back, Sarah! It was so nice to see a new post for you listed on my Bloglines:) I think you're smart to just take it as you can with your blog. "Real Life" is what it's all about, after all. Homeschooling is such a huge, and worthwhile, commitment. I often think that if I had it to do over again, it's something I would consider doing. I think I would learn as much as my kids, and how neat that would be to learn together.

    Your niece is an absolute doll! I love the last picture.


  4. Joyce Says:

    Hi Sarah,
    It's great to read a post written by you, but you're right: that home schooling is more important. I remember very well how time-consuming it was. But it is very much worth the effort!

    Take care, and don't worry about posting more than you have time for.