Sarah

Special thanks to Sandra for hosting!

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cool, but sunny. I'll take it.

One of my simple pleasures:
Reading a good book. Without interruptions. :)

On my bedside table:
Just finished my last Kristin Billerbeck novel. Loved the carefree reading.

On my TV:
Too many DWTS to catch up. Looking forward to Top Chef finishing up...

On the menu for tonight:
Not sure. Need to find something quick and easy.

On my To Do List:
Trying to get my room clean today. That's it...just that.

New Recipe I tried last week:
I tried these lazy chili rellenos from Pioneer Woman..they were pretty good...but a bit watery...don't think I drained our chilies enough.

In the craft basket:
Still buttons. Still.

Looking forward to:
Getting some issues resolved
Coffee later today at Caribou

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Always go to bed with your dishes done. It helps the perspective in the morning.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Too many to pick just one

Favorite photo from last week:My birthday girl

Lesson learned the past few days:
If you don't deal with it, it just festers and grows

On my Prayer List:
My pastor
My church leaders
My spouse and kiddos
Our military

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Love chapter 12 in Hebrews which speaks to discipline. So encouraging for us as parents - and as Christians.
1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
4In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons:
"My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."[a]

7Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. 9Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! 10Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. 11No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

12Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 13"Make level paths for your feet,"[b] so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.
3 Responses
  1. Tiffany Says:

    I haven't heard of Kristen Billerbeck--I'll have to check her out.
    I try to always have the dishes done when I go to bed--nothing makes me grumpier in the morning than last night's mess!


  2. Jen Says:

    I love Top Chef....very good season this one....happy birthday to the birthday gal!


  3. Joyce Says:

    Hi, Sarah,
    I, too, have often found encouragement from that passage in Hebrews, especially the part about God disciplining us for our good (our benefit). He is so good. What a blessing.